Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

The new admin in Version 9 is a fairly radical shift from the past both look and feel and paradigm wise.

There has been some discussion on other threads that while pretty, it's clear productivity wasn't focused on. That's simply not a true statement, productivity was a higher priority to us than "pretty" across the board.

The feedback we've gotten on the new admin has been generally (as in 80% ish) that it's both prettier and faster/more productive.

We're committed however to working on all universal use cases and making on going iterative improvement to the new admin to increase it so that virtually everyone is more productive in the new admin.

Please post your requests here for what types of changes in the new admin would speed up your work flow.

It's important you do the best you can to outline steps of what you're actually doing, otherwise we're unable to help.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Dealing with variants is still painful in v9. It's no worse than 5.5.....but would love to see some kind of jump menu when you are viewing a variant or the parent product to easily get to all the other variants without having to go back to the main list or using the left/right arrows.

----------------------

List loading needs to be improved. I have a store with only 150 or so products....and the infinite scroll takes far to long to load compared to 5.5 where I set my items per page view to 500 and everything loaded at once.

----------------------

There is no more total items in the list number anymore. So I have no idea how many records I'm seeing on the screen. In 5.5 it used to have something like 1-86 if you were viewing 86 items on the page.

Overall I really like v9 and extremely excited about the new features (price groups, etc).

-Kevin
    Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I would like to see the page template sections sorted by typical frequency of use, rather than alphabetically. I know you can close sections you don't use frequently, but it still results in a bunch of scrolling on, for instance, a product page template, to get to the Product Display Layout section, and many of the preceding sections are rarely changed once set.

Comment

Have a basic inventory count included on the Edit Product page.

Paul

Comment

May already have this, but any chance we can get a "Admin User "DannyBoy" is currently logged in" message if another user is already logged in and you have multiple seats?

Would be great to show WHERE they are in the admin (their breadcrumb trail?).
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

- smaller font size for almost everything especially the menus, for us, like others, the options we want are in the ellipses - bring them all back to the front. right now font size 16, but 10 or 11 would work for me, and less white space you could fit almost twice as many options on screen.

- fit more in lists, make it all smaller so we can edit more at a time

- Ctrl-F to find records in a long list and fully load all lists as we've already discussed so editing 500+ records at once is easy again, like it was on 5.5

- improve search functions to allow AND, OR and comma separated records

- make record number a hyperlink (similar to 5.5) where you can single click on the number to open record/edit item, rather than 2 clicks: Click on record then click Edit or Open (especially on orders lists)

- On Catalog flyout, have option to list categories/edit categories. currently no way to list a bunch of categories that I see (just New Product, and New Category, not Edit Products, which granted can be found by search)

- same thing for products, edit products option on main flyout

Comment

josiahjg, I may be misunderstanding your request, but did you know that if you click the word Catalog (not the arrow) you go straight to the Edit Products page? There is also a "tab" on that page that will allow you to view and edit categories.

Comment

Originally posted by lancermedia View Post
                Dealing with variants is still painful in v9. It's no worse than 5.5.....but would love to see some kind of jump menu when you are viewing a variant or the parent product to easily get to all the other variants without having to go back to the main list or using the left/right arrows.
                -Kevin
                Just curious.. why do you need to go to each variant?
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Please remove the need for having to enter a % in my search terms on the catalog screen.
                  Mark Hood
                  Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
                    Just curious.. why do you need to go to each variant?
                    Images for the products are at the variant level for 1 client (all products are broken down into colors).

We also have custom fields for each variant that control meta data for shipping feeds.

Again, none of it life altering.....just find the process of going out to the main list just to jump to another variant a waste of time.

-Kevin
                    Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
                      - smaller font size for almost everything especially the menus, for us, like others, the options we want are in the ellipses - bring them all back to the front. right now font size 16, but 10 or 11 would work for me, and less white space you could fit almost twice as many options on screen.

- fit more in lists, make it all smaller so we can edit more at a time
                      Do you mean just font sizes or padding? Font sizes can be changed by using the browser zoom. (I use CTRL - Mouse Wheel). I think what we need is scalable padding as well.
                      Bruce Golub
                      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Images for the products are at the variant level for 1 client (all products are broken down into colors).

We also have custom fields for each variant that control meta data for shipping feeds.

Again, none of it life altering.....just find the process of going out to the main list just to jump to another variant a waste of time.

-Kevin
                        You can upload images to each variant color from the attribute tab of the product. Generating variants will then make the option available.

Custom fields are slightly more complicated but you can display them on the batch screen, do a search for them and edit the custom field all at once on the batch screen or export them.
                        Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-18-15, 02:29 PM.
                        Mark Hood
                        Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
                          You can upload images to each variant color from the attribute tab of the product. Generating variants will then make the option available.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]953[/ATTACH]
                          Custom fields are slightly more complicated but you can display them on the batch screen, do a search for them and edit the custom field all at once on the batch screen or export them.

I can't see the currently assigned images or change their display order via that method correct?

We have a lot of custom fields assigned to each, and it's easiest for me (if I'm not importing) to go directly to the custom fields page of the variant.

-Kevin
                          Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

I can't see the currently assigned images or change their display order via that method correct

-Kevin
                            No but if they are uploaded separately and in order it won't get messed up same is true for importing. Do the import one custom image field at a time and in the order you want to keep the correct display order.
                            Mark Hood
                            Vermont Gear

Comment

There is no more total items in the list number anymore. So I have no idea how many records I'm seeing on the screen. In 5.5 it used to have something like 1-86 if you were viewing 86 items on the page.
                              This is coming back, I think in 9.0003
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]
                              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X