Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

1. The update button...I used to be able to tab my way through fields, then tab my way down to the update button and hit the spacebar. For many tasks, I could do this with my eyes closed knowing how many tabs to hit. Now the Update button is at the top and requires I go to the trackpad, find it and click it.

2. The message that whatever I've updated has been updated comes up, then fades away. Wish it would stay. Sometimes I hit update, swing to another screen to do something else, get distracted and come back later not remembering if I'd actually finished that task. I used to be able to look down and see whether it said updated or not and know. Now that it fades away, its not there to tell me if I did or not (file this under idiot proofing vs usability if you need to).

3. The bookmarks issue as Bruce mentioned. I've spent some time creating, editing and sorting my bookmarks. It would be nice if we had the option to either import/export so other users could have the same results without duplicating efforts or the option to simply make them admin-wide for everyone.

A lot of it is just getting used to something new after so long but overall, its a huge improvement. Did I mention how much the new search rocks? Wow! Love it!

Comment

I can confirm #3 is coming in 9.0004.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Here's another vote for item #2 above. In some of my modules, I put text into the variable g.Message, which used to come out as the status message at the bottom of the page. Now that doesn't work any more -- and also, as mikel wrote, I think the message needs to stay around longer.

Thanks --
        Kent Multer
        Magic Metal Productions
        http://TheMagicM.com
        * Web developer/designer
        * E-commerce and Miva
        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

A thought...what about a message history? Basically, for each admin session (at least) track all admin (viewable) messages and allow someone to pop up those messages for review. Would be a real good troubleshooting tool as well (even better if you could manage to keep messages from other sessions).
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
            A thought...what about a message history? Basically, for each admin session (at least) track all admin (viewable) messages and allow someone to pop up those messages for review. Would be a real good troubleshooting tool as well (even better if you could manage to keep messages from other sessions).
            I like this idea. I wonder if you (Miva) could leverage the existing code that creates a log when importing a flat file. If that feature could be generalized to other types of modules, that'd be very helpful.
            Kent Multer
            Magic Metal Productions
            http://TheMagicM.com
            * Web developer/designer
            * E-commerce and Miva
            * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

I find admin easy and nice. It took some weeks to learn. After learning shortcuts and CTRL-A life became easy.

Another day I was working with Order Processing. I have complete information about orders and I can check all the fields except payment method. I have to view individual record to see it. Not a big deal, but we plan to introduce several different methods soon.
              I put myself this on the Murchant Mail Confirmation [Payment:&mvt:payment:desc;]

Updating Catalog and Inventory on GalaxyTab still is not not perfect if one needs to go in product detail screen.
              Works with lists but doesn´t always scale with long lists. I do some updating while traveling.
              But I guess it is too much to ask.

Nice initiative, thank you.
              André Loutchko

Comment

Working...
              X