Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Yes, we've played with that, thanks for pointing that out. It's really nice when we don't know exactly what we're looking for. But when we know what we're looking for, we used to be able to type a few characters and arrow down to the right one very quickly, but in 9 we can't see the whole code anymore and have to type out the whole code or go to the "look up" screen like you said. That operation takes us longer than it did in PR8, so I thought I'd mention it. Thanks!

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
    For the add item have you tried hitting the "look up" button to add items? You will be able to see the entire product info.
    Charlie Morrison
    www.MCRmedical.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
      Just hitting the "Enter" key works... What do you mean allow multiple changes though?
      LOL! Didn't think of that...by multiple changes, I meant, say for example, changing inventory for 10 items, just double click, change value, double-click, change value, etc THEN press Save...but if enter does it great. (I still dislike using the mouse whenever possible, in fact, I use it left handed just so my right hand is free to hit enter.)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
        LOL! Didn't think of that...by multiple changes, I meant, say for example, changing inventory for 10 items, just double click, change value, double-click, change value, etc THEN press Save...but if enter does it great. (I still dislike using the mouse whenever possible, in fact, I use it left handed just so my right hand is free to hit enter.)
        I agree and hitting enter saves and works on almost every single line edit in mm9 so while adding attributes changing price,name etc during the process of adding or updating products. You can do multiple edits on the batch screen by selecting them all and clicking the pencil icon. Hitting enter will save all the edits when you're done. It's wonderful
        Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-20-15, 03:48 PM.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
          Go into Users, Settings and then set the Low Resolution setting to a very large number (something taller than your biggest monitor), it might take a little getting used to but you'll find you can see a lot more on the screen
          That does help a little but still only 17 records on a list... where I'd prefer to have 30, which should not be a problem if we remove all the whitespace and make font size smaller. Also with lists preloading so you can search for records with Ctrl+F will help this... but still, we edit lists of 15 to 500 regularly. The more we can fit on a screen the better

Comment

I assume you're talking about maximizing the number of records you can see on a batch list?

Also when you say whitespace, do you mean up top or on the rows themselves?
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]
            https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick, here are a couple picture of before and after with notes and a couple minutes of editing.
              Optimized for functionality and productivity rather than optimized for a tablet. (unfortunately, you can't have both)

Revised:

Jim Sisk
              Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Jim,

There's a number of technical reasons and/or usability reasons for the amount of whitespace in the actual batch list and we think for most users they'd prefer our defaults.

With that said, we're actively working on some sort of setting that would allow people in your shoes to display a lot more records. It won't make it into 9.0003 (that's too close to done) but we'll keep refining until we get that right as we know there's a myriad of use cases people want and I understand what/why of what you're asking.
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Make bread crumbs clickable IE: When I am editing a product,
                  Product | Edit Product: NAME

Product could go to the catalog:Product editor

Comment

Is it possible and I am just missing it, to adjust what "widgets" are displayed on home screen? IE can I get rid of any we don't use to speed up loading/move them around to optimize our work flow?

Comment

Josiahjg,

1. The breadcrumbs are clickable. Is it possible you're in low resolution mode? Which would mean those are titles and not breadcrumbs. But in regular mode the breadcrumbs definitely click the way you asked.

2. The home screen icons can't be rearranged.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Rick, Yes low resolution mode so we can see more records per screen :) That explains it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
                          Is it possible and I am just missing it, to adjust what "widgets" are displayed on home screen? IE can I get rid of any we don't use to speed up loading/move them around to optimize our work flow?
                          Have you considered capitalizing on the bookmark feature and putting your steps in order?
                          Mark Hood
                          Vermont Gear

Comment

Feature improvement: Ability to set different timeouts for different users, so a power user who is always doing something but might timeout and have to login and loose their place can have long timeout, and others have shorter timeouts so they don't take up a seat when they are done but forgot to logout.

Comment

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
                              Feature improvement: Ability to set different timeouts for different users, so a power user who is always doing something but might timeout and have to login and loose their place can have long timeout, and others have shorter timeouts so they don't take up a seat when they are done but forgot to logout.
                              Problem I see with that approach would be that the site would be out of PCI compliance if ANY admin time exceeded 15 minutes. Perhaps a half measure would be a timer display showing how many minutes until the time out occurs. But yea...its a major pia.
                              Bruce Golub
                              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Our thoughts:

1. On Edit Product screen, we agree with others that want to select which tabs show.

2. On Catalog > Products screen, we can re-size the column width. But we can't make it any smaller than the width of the column title. For example, we show the Current Stock column. In our case, the biggest number we'll ever show is 2 digits. So we're showing lots of white space just because the column title is so much wider than the data.

Also applies to Order Processing > Orders screen and the Order Processing > Shipments screen.

3. Allow us to change the color scheme. We have old eyes that see some colors better than others.

Beyond that, the longer we use M9 the easier it is. Plus we lose track of how we used to do things on 5.5. No doubt M9 was a positive step.

Now if there were an easy way to get from MMUI....

Comment

Working...
                                X