build Miva 9 site on subdomain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build Miva 9 site on subdomain?

I have an informational Joomla site at www.mysite.com. I'd like to build a Miva site at wholesale.mysite.com and link to it from the main site for online purchasing. Is there any reason why this can't be done?? Any hidden or unintended consequences to doing this?
    Guy Turck
    The Glass Baby Bottle - Toxin Free Essentials for Babies & Toddlers

Re: build Miva 9 site on subdomain?

There are no technical challenges with this and I can tell you it's very common.

The only potential issues would be SEO issues, which I'm not really anything approaching an expert about.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I also don't believe there would be an issue with running the store directly from same domain as the joomla site. Perhaps like:

mysite.com/shop/

which i believe would solve any SEO issues (although I too, don't profess to be an SEO expert, but do have some experience in that area). The main benefit to my suggestion is that any link "juice" for mysite.com would be a combination of the joomla site and your store, whereas wholesale.mysite.com would be seen as a completely separate site.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Okay, good to know. Thanks!
        Guy Turck
        The Glass Baby Bottle - Toxin Free Essentials for Babies & Toddlers

Comment

Working...
        X