Assigning all Products to a Price Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assigning all Products to a Price Group

Our store has over 3,000 products and we add about 20 new products each month.

I've set up a Price Group that 50% off of the retail price for specific wholesale customers.

Is there any way to assign the discount to all products without going through and manually assigning them one by one? And also so that as a new product is added to the site it is automatically enrolled in that discount price group?

Thank you.
    Linda

Re: Assigning all Products to a Price Group

Hi Linda -

There is a keyboard command for Select All. It is ctrl + a. Click a single record then hold control and press a at the same time. It will select all records in the list.

There is not a way to add all future products. You will need to do that as part of your process when adding new products.

This page has some helpful tips and tricks for Version 9:

http://www.miva.com/miva9-tips-and-tricks
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan, perhaps that could be added to the feature request list. We use the cost field as MSRP, and maintain a separate wholesale site because we add hundreds of new products each month and the pricing group feature is way to labor intensive. We need another pricing field that can be imported when we add products that can be used as a wholesale price.
      Jim Sisk
      Uncommon Treasures

Comment

This is actually built into Version 9. It is called "Specific Sale Price". It will create a new field which you can import the price you want to sell it at (sale price) and then the old price field becomes the MSRP.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
          This is actually built into Version 9. It is called "Specific Sale Price". It will create a new field which you can import the price you want to sell it at (sale price) and then the old price field becomes the MSRP.
          That doesn't work. MSRP, retail selling price, and wholesale selling price are three different things. An item might have an MSRP of $50. We sell it for say $40, since very little sells at MSRP online. Our wholesale price might be $25. Thus, we need MSRP, retail selling price, and wholesale selling price - that can be imported from the spreadsheet we already create with those three fields.
          Jim Sisk
          Uncommon Treasures

Comment

You can create as many of these specific sale prices are you need. They are simply tied to a price group. So depending on which price group they are assigned to, it will determine their correct price.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for your help, Brennan.
              Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
                You can create as many of these specific sale prices are you need. They are simply tied to a price group. So depending on which price group they are assigned to, it will determine their correct price.
                So the different prices can be imported and automatically assigned to a "wholesale" price group?
                Jim Sisk
                Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Yes, they can be imported and exported as custom fields using the standard product import/export
                  Brennan Heyde
                  VP Product
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                    Our store has over 3,000 products and we add about 20 new products each month.

I've set up a Price Group that 50% off of the retail price for specific wholesale customers.

Is there any way to assign the discount to all products without going through and manually assigning them one by one? And also so that as a new product is added to the site it is automatically enrolled in that discount price group?

Thank you.
                    Linda
                    The answer to your last question is yes. Perhaps the most useful feature the Price Group Manger Module is a checkoff box in the Admin section that gives you The ability to Auto-assign flat file imported products into price groups.

It's a huge feature of the module that I don't think many people know about. Big time saver!
                    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Hi Brennan,
                      A follow-up to my original question here.
                      I can use all of the different keyboard shortcuts to select all of the products, but when I click on one of them to assign them to the price group, only the specific product I click on assigns it to the price group. No matter what combination I use, I can only assign one at a time. Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?

Also, with regard to the Price Group Manager module you refer to, when I went to purchase it I saw the note that says the functionality is now built into Miva Merchant Version 9. But I can't see where I can import products to a price group within the Admin. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
                      Linda

Comment

Hi Linda -

Once you select all records, you should see an icon show up at the top left. It looks like a checkbox with a plus sign in it. That is the assign all button. It will go though all your selected records and assign them to the price group.

As far as importing products into a price group, it used to be apart of the standard product import but i'm not seeing it. Let me find out what happened to it and I'll get back to you.
                        Brennan Heyde
                        VP Product
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Linda View Post
                          Hi Brennan,
                          A follow-up to my original question here.
                          I can use all of the different keyboard shortcuts to select all of the products, but when I click on one of them to assign them to the price group, only the specific product I click on assigns it to the price group. No matter what combination I use, I can only assign one at a time. Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?
                          Linda
                          I too have this same problem when trying to select all and assign. I have to go one by one and assign. I have tried the keyboard shortcuts provided here but I cannot get it to work with all selected records. Just one at a time.
                          Kristin Park

Comment

Hi Kristin -

Please see my previous post above on how to solve this:

Once you select all records, you should see an icon show up at the top left. It looks like a checkbox with a plus sign in it. That is the assign all button. It will go though all your selected records and assign them to the price group.
                            Brennan Heyde
                            VP Product
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Thank you Brennan, I am certainly doing something wrong then. It will select all records by clicking on the + icon but the slider still needs to be done one at a time to the left (on) position. I can not drag all of them over at once. I am trying to assign discounted products to a price group.
                              Kristin Park

Comment

Working...
                              X