Parent Category Display in Title Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parent Category Display in Title Tags

I'm sorry to bother y'all, I've tried looking this up in the search engines and the forums for quite some time now. I can only seem to get information stating that version 5 could not do this, but version 9 would be able to. No matter how much I seem to research entities and methods though I can't find a way! But I do keep seeing posts saying that 9 should be able to do this natively.

I need to be able to put an entity that will display the current categories parent category, or what it is the child of (however you view that since it's the same thing) within my title tags. Any help or even a finger pointed in the right direction would be appreciated immensely. This seems like something I should be able to find on my own but I've been trying for quite some time so I thought I'd come to the forums for a hand on this one.

Thank you very much if you can help.

Re: Parent Category Display in Title Tags

Hi Danny -

There isn't a native variable for the parent category, but you can create it yourself using the breadcrumbs. This code is assuming you are using Miva's built in breadcrumbs:

Code:
    <mvt:assign name="g.parent_category" value="l.settings:breadcrumbs:links[ miva_array_elements(l.settings:breadcrumbs:links)-1 ]" />
    &mvt:global:parent_category:name;
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Parent Category Display in Title Tags

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but I'd be careful of with this especially if used on a Product page and the title could change.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X