Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toolkit function generated links and SEO MM9

OK, Bruce -- you said:

"FYI: I know its hearsay...but SEO is pretty insignificant at the category level. At least with google, all they really care about is the product page."

I disagreed with such a blanket statement and posted information to back up my assertion.

I didn't say you said anything. I was working on the "sharing info from our experiences" model. I pointed out how category pages can be important and said they are important to us with a number of the brand names we carry -- that's our experience.

I provided a term out of thin air that anyone could search that showed my point. You seem to have got very different results than I got.

If any of that has somehow offended you, please accept my apology. This wasn't any kind of contest.

Comment

Re: Toolkit function generated links and SEO MM9

no problem, maybe i should apologize for not being clear. my take is that "Optimizing" category pages is not worth the time other than doing the basics. Rather focusing on Product pages is more beneficial. I understand that one could make a connection on "performance tires" showing 'categories' of performance tires, but IMO, that's not from focusing on those pages, rather the pages (and overall site) beneath them. (Not too mention add buys...cause we KNOW that doesn't effect organic rankings.)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X