• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving MMUI to CSSUI on Miva 9 Problem - help appreciated

Hello,

On DEV -
    I have a MMUI store that I upgraded to Miva 9.002

All of that worked well.

We developed the MMUI store further and it is good looking. All works fine.
    We save the famework - call it framework NEW

Now we made another copy of Prod to Dev2 (just to test)
    Upgraded that to 9.002

Tried to apply Framework NEW
    it keeps giving us the error

Failed to apply framework: Failed to copy /%STORE_BASEHREF%/graphics/%STORE_ID%/picture-file.jpg to /mm5/graphics/00000001/picture-file.jpg

My dev store looks great - but it is out of sync since it took a couple of months. We have had orders and customers since then.

So the REAL Question is
    Since I cannot import orders - how do I get to the end?
    How can I add all the new orders to the dev store and then copy it into production? OR how can I change the framework stuff on another copy of the prod store so that it now looks like the dev store.

I cannot afford much down time on prod - therefore I am looking for some way that keeps everything nearly in sync.

Thanks
    Sam
    Last edited by samgold; 03-04-15, 05:21 AM.

Re: Moving MMUI to CSSUI on Miva 9 Problem - help appreciated

The issue with the Framework not applying sounds like a file permissions issue on your new dev2 store. Your host should be able to track it down.

As for the data sync, typically we'll do a direct database copy of the specific tables we need right at launch time. This adds a couple hours to the go live process but it will keep all your data in sync.

Here is a blog post that talks about the tables which need to be copy. If you don't have a technical resource on your team to do this, we offer it as a service at Miva and can do it for you.

http://www.miva.com/blog/how-to-conv...merchant-store

Also, we are working on a built in data export tool which will allow you to export all this data yourself into XML and them re-import it into your new store. This should be coming in the next couple updates to Miva.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Did you manually import, add or change products, attributes, categories and/or module data in the new dev store?

Comment

No - just changed the look and feel
        Sam

Comment

Brennan,

I have changed all the directory and file permisisons. SO that is not an issue.

I can look into the package file and it has a directory
          css
          and in that directory is a directory called %STORE_ID%
          In a directory called images there is a directory called %STORE_BASEHREF%
          DEVNEW-TEST.pkg\DEVNEW-TEST\images\%STORE_BASEHREF%\graphics\%STORE_ID%\

It appears that either the BASEHREF and STOREID were not put in when the pkg was created, or the apply framework thing is not supplying this information.

May be somewhere I have to be specific that I am applying this framework to a certain storeid or something like that.

I can feel that I am so close to success - but that chasm is deep.

Thanks
          Sam

Comment

Working...
          X