Economy of Clicks - Upsale Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economy of Clicks - Upsale Items

We have a certain printer model and want to offer a warranty as an upsale item so I added the Upsold Product and then clicked the Required Products tab and in the search box entered the first few unique characters of the printer model, clicked the Search and they showed up - all 240 of them - so far so good.

In Miva 5.x, I could assign the Upsold Product to all 240 in two mouse clicks, but in Miva 9 do I really have to click the "toggle on" for each of the 240 products?

I think that there are sometimes easier ways to do these things in Miva 9, but sometimes they are not obvious to me or things work a little differently than how I think they might work... Then somebody straightens me out.

Re: Economy of Clicks - Upsale Items

Have you tried, holding the left click of the mouse and dragging the cursor over the list?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by joseibarra View Post
      We have a certain printer model and want to offer a warranty as an upsale item so I added the Upsold Product and then clicked the Required Products tab and in the search box entered the first few unique characters of the printer model, clicked the Search and they showed up - all 240 of them - so far so good.

In Miva 5.x, I could assign the Upsold Product to all 240 in two mouse clicks, but in Miva 9 do I really have to click the "toggle on" for each of the 240 products?

I think that there are sometimes easier ways to do these things in Miva 9, but sometimes they are not obvious to me or things work a little differently than how I think they might work... Then somebody straightens me out.
      http://www.miva.com/blog/miva-9-hot-keys-inforgraphic

ctrl + a
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Yes - you can select all with Ctrl-A or selecting first, then Shift and selecting last but when you click the toggle only one record gets toggled.

What happened when you tried it (you did actually try it, right?)

Comment

Yes - you can select all with Ctrl-A or selecting first, then Shift and selecting last but when you click the toggle only one record gets toggled.

What happened when you tried it (you did actually try it, right?)
          ah I see what you are saying I missed the last step for you

After selecting multiple records do not click the toggle to assign.

Once you select more then one record the plus and minus signs along with pencil icon appear above the list and you will use those. Let us know if you still can't figure it out and I will provide screen shots.
          Last edited by Mark Hood; 03-06-15, 04:23 AM.
          Mark Hood
          Vermont Gear

Comment

Thanks - that does it (why didn't I think of that).

This tip will come in handy later...

One has to unlearn the old ways of doing things and learn new ways of which there seem to be, but some things are sure not obvious to me.

This would be a good tip to add the the Miva 9 Upsell Products section (if any of those folks are taking notes) - how to assign a whole list/group of products or an entire category of products to an Upsell item (or something like that).

Comment

Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

Thanks - that does it (why didn't I think of that).

This tip will come in handy later...

One has to unlearn the old ways of doing things and learn new ways of which there seem to be, but some things are sure not obvious to me.

This would be a good tip to add the the Miva 9 Upsell Products section (if any of those folks are taking notes) - how to assign a whole list/group of products or an entire category of products to an Upsell item (or something like that).
                It's actually available in all batch edit screens...

You'll find the pencil icon to do some really cool stuff with multiple records selected as well.
                Mark Hood
                Vermont Gear

Comment

Like the eyeball icon (whatever that thing is called) and whatever you call that horizontal box with three dots in it that I have to click all the time to get to the tabs that I want that I wish were across the top (since I use them the most) and I don't want to see the ones across the top that I never use.

But I think Rick Wilson said they are working on a way to allow that top tab order to be customized (this will save more clicks).

Comment

We are going to allow you to rearrange tabs, likely in 9.0004
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
                    X