Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Move PR8 MMUI to PR 9 Ready Themes Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Move PR8 MMUI to PR 9 Ready Themes Store?

Can you give me a general outline of what I am going to need to do to move my PR8 MMUI store into a PR9 Ready Themes store?

If you want to give me specifics as well, they are much appreciated, too. But for now, just a general step-by-step outline would be terrific.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I can't seem to find the miva shop online so that I can look at the available ready themes. Anyone got the link? (google is NOT being kind to me this morning!)
    Mark Romero
    ~~~~~~~~

Re: How To Move PR8 MMUI to PR 9 Ready Themes Store?

Ready Themes are at apps.miva.com

Or the general marketing pages for them are at www.miva.com/readythemes

I'll ask Brennan to post a 50k foot step by step.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

There is 3 steps to this process:

1. Setup dev.domain.com with a blank installation of Miva. Email [email protected] and ask them to do this for you. There is a $40 one time fee to get this dev store setup.

2. Apply your Theme & Customize - Pick your theme, and install it under Frameworks on your new dev store. Detailed installation instructions are included in the zip file. Then Use the ReadyTheme admin controls to upload your logo, custom graphics and content.

3. Data Migration - Depending on the data you need to bring over, there are a couple ways do do this. If you just need customers, categories and product data you may be able to get by with just using the standard exports to CSV to migrate your data. If you have more complicated data and need things like Orders, Attribute Templates, Module Data your better off migrating data at the database level. We offer this as a service if you need help.

Once your store is complete, just email support to go live and they will swap dev and live to make your new store live.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, Brennan. Much appreciated.

Do you know in general how many work hours (billable hours) it would take to migrate orders and other essentials at the database level?

and are the databases from an MMUI store and a PR9 CSSUI / Framework store really all that different?

Couldn't I just export the tables via an SQL file and then import them into the new DB?

Thanks in advance.
        Mark Romero
        ~~~~~~~~

Comment

It is usually about 10 hours for us when all is said and done. There are actually two syncs. Initially to get the data into the new store, then one more at the time the store is going live.

It is just a import of the SQL tables, however only specific tables need to be updated and things like the store keys values must also be updated.

For the orders tables, the module id for shipping and payment modules must be updated as well.

A high level overview can be found here: http://www.miva.com/blog/how-to-conv...merchant-store
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the clarification and for the link.
            Mark Romero
            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Is there an updated migration process for this http://www.miva.com/blog/how-to-conv...merchant-store ? There are several more tables not covered in this list that seem necessary, such as Images, ImageTypes, all the CFM_ tables etc. Is there a more comprehensive list of required tables to move data from a live store to dev? Moving them is easy, I just don't want to miss something important.

Thanks,
              Joe
              Joe McDonald
              patrickwebby.com

Comment

Hi there, Joe:

I would NOT use the method outlined in the article that you linked to.

The mmui2cssui module worked VERY well for me. It is actually quite straight forward and would HIGHLY recommend that you use it if at all possible.

Seriously, it was a LOT easier to use than the documentation makes it out to be.

http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...ght=mmui2cssui

I hope this helps.
                Mark Romero
                ~~~~~~~~

Comment

A lot of those tables did not exist when that tutorial was published. Here is an updated list but keep in mind this too could change based on your specific store.

Like Mark said, Now that we have the MMUI to CSSUI conversion tool, this is a much safer option without having to manipulate the database directly:

http://apps.miva.com/mmui-to-cssui-conversion-tool.html

Tables To Migrate
                  s01_Attributes
                  s01_AttributeTemplateAttrs
                  s01_AttributeTemplateOptions
                  s01_AttributeTemplates
                  [All Availability Group tables if used]
                  s01_Batches
                  s01_Categories
                  s01_CategoryxProduct
                  [All Custom Field tables if used]
                  s01_Customers
                  s01_Images
                  s01_ImageTypes
                  [All Inventory Tables if used]
                  s01_Options
                  s01_OrderCharges
                  s01_OrderItems
                  s01_OrderOptions
                  s01_OrderPayments
                  s01_OrderReturns
                  s01_Orders
                  s01_OrderShipmentLabels
                  s01_OrderShipments
                  s01_ProductImages
                  s01_ProductKits
                  s01_Products
                  s01_ProductShippingMethods
                  s01_ProductShippingRules
                  s01_ProductVariantParts
                  s01_ProductVariantPricing
                  s01_ProductVariants
                  s01_RelatedProducts

[Any module tables that may need to be transfered at the database level]

Then update the s01_StoreKeys table of any of the tables above that have a StoreKey
                  Brennan Heyde
                  VP Product
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Ok thanks. That matches my list of tables I was working with. I think I'm too far along to use the conversion tool. The design is already done and we're not using many of the modules in the old store and we don't want any old custom crap and module data pulled over. I have everything working except the shipping / payment method ids on old orders. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any tables.

Thanks!
                    Joe
                    Joe McDonald
                    patrickwebby.com

Comment

I noticed that the category headers and footers are mismatched after pulling in the new categories table. What table are the header and footer data stored in? I can't find them in any table.

Thanks.
                      Joe McDonald
                      patrickwebby.com

Comment

You're going to be better off to import the category headers/footers via CSV. They are included in the standard category import/export now.

If you wanted to do it via the database there are two tables.

s01_CSSUI_HDFT

This stores the reference between the category id and the header/footer id. Since the header/footers are templates, they get stored in the s01_ManagedTemplates and s01_ManagedTemplateVersion tables.

The problem with copying this data at the database level is it also contains the data to all the page templates and it won't work if going from MMUI to CSSUI.
                        Brennan Heyde
                        VP Product
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Ok got it. That makes sense. Thanks for the help!
                          Joe McDonald
                          patrickwebby.com

Comment

Is it necessary to move the Baskets and affiliated tables? I see on the live site that the Baskets ID in the StoreKeys table is at a huge #, like 30508399 - is that just transactional data and temp pointers? Does the new store need any of those keys?

StoreKeys for these items:
                            BasketCharges
                            BasketItems
                            Baskets

Thanks!
                            Joe
                            Joe McDonald
                            patrickwebby.com

Comment

You don't need to move the baskets table. It is usually better not too so they start empty. (this would be equivalent to going into the admin and deleting ALL baskets) However, you do need to make sure the Baskets Store Keys are moved over.

Here is how it works:

When a shopper visits any miva page they are assigned a basket id, it does not matter if they have anything in their cart or not. The id is determined by the Basket store key. If they never add anything to their cart, their basket will simply expire and the record in the db cleared when you delete expired baskets.

If they add items to the cart and complete a purchase, the basket record gets converted into an order record. This is why all the basket store keys are important. If you forgot to update them, they would conflict with existing orders and you would get some strange data issues.

As long as all the basket store keys are the same or higher than they are on the live site you'll be fine.
                              Last edited by Brennan; 08-21-15, 07:11 AM.
                              Brennan Heyde
                              VP Product
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X