Discount Product exclusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Product exclusions

Is there a way to set up a price group to be used for 10% off all items except items which have product codes beginning with a specific letter?

Re: Discount Product exclusions

There is not a way to explicitly exclude products rather than including them from a group, however you can use a non active category to do what you need very quickly.

Create a non active category, and assign all your products you want to exclude. You can use the search feature to find all products starting with a specific letter.

Then when assigning products to your price group click advanced search, under Category choose "Products Not In Category" and select your non-active category you created. This will return the subset of products you're looking for then use ctrl +a to select them all and assign them to the price group.
    Last edited by Brennan; 03-12-15, 01:46 PM.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

That will work! Thank you!

Comment

MM9 is great! That was very easy! To offer higher discount percentages for higher basket subtotal ranges (12%, 14% etc.) would I create new price groups for each level (and assign the same products and customers to each)? Or is there a way of offering the different discount percentages and ranges using the same price group I just created?

Comment

I can't wait to make the switch to Mv9 to from MM4.24c!
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

There was a snag. A customer was able to order one of the excluded products and still received a 10% discount on the item because other items were in the basket which did qualify. I double checked and the item was not assigned to the price group. How do I fix going forward?

Comment

Make sure you're using a product discount and not a basket discount. And make sure you're assigning products in the Discounted Products section, not the qualifying products section.

The products discount will only apply the discount the the products you have selected. The basket discount will give a discount to the entire basket as long a qualifying product is in the cart.
              Last edited by Brennan; 03-13-15, 10:10 AM.
              Brennan Heyde
              VP Product
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

Okay, I knew I had to be doing something wrong. Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                X