site down notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

site down notification

Sunday morning I just happened to go to our site only realize our site was down :( no idea how long.

Code:
    Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error: 

Error Code: MER-DBE-BSK-00010
    Description: mysql_stmt_prepare: Table './vtgear_mm5dev/s06_Baskets' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Other Information:
    This was fixed with a quick email to Miva to work magic powers. Supposedly this was from not packing data or deleting baskets. I pack the data once a month and baskets are deleted every 90 minutes. So what's the verdict on how often packing data is necessary and why is it not automatic?

Since this was an obvious error message taking place when someone visits the site how do I turn on some sort of email notification? Better yet have a way for Miva to get the email since they seem to be required to fix it anyway?
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 03-17-15, 07:45 AM.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Re: site down notification

Without some sort of constant pinging, and it would have to be intelligent enough to discern a Fatal Error verses the a 'good' page, if the Merchant system is in a fatal error condition, I don't think it can do anything :)
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      Without some sort of constant pinging, and it would have to be intelligent enough to discern a Fatal Error verses the a 'good' page, if the Merchant system is in a fatal error condition, I don't think it can do anything :)
      So while I understand this wouldn't prevent someone seeing the error message - the fatal error message was triggered. In my simple mind I was thinking once it's triggered it could also trigger some sort of notification even if caused by customers trying to access the site?
      Last edited by Mark Hood; 03-17-15, 08:54 AM.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

I suppose the error handler that creates the message could possibly do something like send an email...I don't think that part of the code is in the LSK, so not sure.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X