Quantity Ratio Packs for Every Variant Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity Ratio Packs for Every Variant Option

This might sound a bit confusing, so bear with me.

Basically, the site will be selling every piece of clothing as a Quantity Ratio pack. So, if you click on a product and decide to purchase 1 quantity of it, it should somehow grab 2 of each size, S,M,L respectively. The product itself should still show the individual price of 1 piece, but because it adds up to 6 products once you add it to cart, you would get a new total (original price multiplied by 6).

Also, there are several color and pattern variants for each piece of clothing, so, no matter which color or pattern variant you choose, the function of the "add 1 quantity" should be same for all. 1 quantity will always equal several items, and the price should be multiplied once it gets added to the cart.

I don't know how much sense this makes, but, if you can understand the gist of what i'm trying to accomplish, is this something that can be implemented/accomplished?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Quantity Ratio Packs for Every Variant Option

There are a couple ways to do this depending on how you want the products to appear in the cart. If you want a single line item for which is essentially a kit comprised of all the items in the pack then you can use Miva's built in Inventory Kit Builder. It will sum up all the part products of the kit and display the correct price, and deduct the correct inventory.

If you need each item to be split out in the cart individually, then you would be better off using some JavaScript (or our new Multi-Product Add coming in 9.0003) to add each item in the kit to the cart.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply Brennan.

Just a question about the first method using the inventory kit builder. So, what i've tried is to create the first attribute as the Qty Ratio Pack, and left the option of 2S,2M,2L as the only default one from a drop down menu. I have tried to then specify the quantity of this variant as 6 of the original product.

The second attribute that the customer can choose are the different colors.

I created the variant products, but I can not get the price to add up when I add to cart. I feel like i'm close but i'm missing something in the mix.

What am I doing wrong here?
      Last edited by ilyoung; 03-19-15, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Under the Inventory Kit Builder tab, make sure you add the correct quantity of each part to attribute/variant. Then click Auto Generate button and choose the Sum of Part option.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

I've tried that, but the issue with that is, the product price updates when I click on the product option on the product page. We only want the total price shown within the cart and always want to show the items single price on the product page.

Or am I doing something wrong?
          Last edited by ilyoung; 03-19-15, 09:05 AM.

Comment

No that is the designed functionality. You would need to disable the price update on that product via attribute machine. There is a <span id="price-value"> wrapped around the product price.

If you remove this id, attribute machine will not update the price on the Product page.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

You are awesome. That worked! Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
              X