Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Credit Card Data from old orders

Hello,

Does MIVA have a way to remove old credit card info, other than deleting the entire order? If so, how is it done in Miva 9?

Thanks

Kevin
    www.automotiveworkwear.com

Re: Removing Credit Card Data from old orders

Yeah that's what the Order Archive function is for in Manage Orders (it was in 5.5 PR8 too).
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Thanks Rick,

It took a while but I found the archive button (apparently it’s not searchable). Is there a way to archive orders by batches or in bulk, and not have to click order by order. I ask, because we don’t use miva to process our orders. Prior to us migrating to miva 9, we deleted all order batches daily as we created our own order history module years ago which automatically stripped out payment data (not manual intervention needed) We started NOT deleting orders when we upgraded to 9, thinking that maybe it would be better down the road to use more out of the box miva stuff , and at some point in the future switch over to the miva order history system. Is there a way to delete payment data from all orders each day in bulk?

Thanks

Kevin
      www.automotiveworkwear.com

Comment

You can drill down by Batch, hit select all and then hit the Archive button.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

I’m still not understanding this and the Miva 9 Guide does not really go into this in any detail

1. How do you “select all” in the miva admin for orders?

2. When I manually select each order in a batch and then hit “archive”. How do I know at a later time that batch has been archived? I’m talking about 300 orders divided over 10-15 batches per day. After the archive, the orders say pending and I don’t see anything telling me its been archived. I’m worried about accidently leaving a batch of orders unarchived.

Are there any detailed docs on this.

Thanks

Kevin
          AutomotiveWorkwear.com

Comment

1. Ctrl - A (on Windows) or Command - A (on Mac).

Normally what I recommend is set a date, say if you have a return policy of 90 days. Then use the date settings to pull up all orders older than 90 days, click Ctrl-A to select all, then click Archive in Manage Orders.

Once you get the hang of it, it's super easy.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X