Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Friendly Solution for Digital Downloads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Friendly Solution for Digital Downloads?

Our Miva store sells audio content available both as physical CDs and as digital downloads (mp3s). We use eMedia Sales Softgoods and Digital Downloads module for the download option.

We're hoping to develop a mobile-friendly version of the store, but in the past there have been issues with downloading content to mobile devices: clicking on the purchased download link from a mobile device will "stream" the mp3 file, but not download it.

We definitely want the customer to be able to download and store their purchase on their mobile device (just as they would do with an iTunes purchase). We'd be grateful for any guidance for this.

Re: Mobile Friendly Solution for Digital Downloads?

I can't remember if it's still the case, but originally that module used a php file to handle the download. If so, simply add this to the code right before the part that reads and outputs the download file:

header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="$filename"');

You'll just need to change $filename to the variable which defines the real filename. If you send me the php file I can probably tell you where to modify it.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

I have a Merchant store download integration that may work for you. I'll send a pm, but feel free to contact me directly.

Scott
      Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
      Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
      MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
      Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
      AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
      My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

Thank you both very much for your responses. Scott, I'll contact you. The site, btw, is www.Meditations2Go.com.

Rob B.

Comment

Working...
        X