Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swatches and Variants question

Hello All,

We sell some outdoor cushions. At this time we just use an attribute, and the customer chooses a color with a radio button.

If I changed the attribute type to swatches, is it possible to flip the image shown so that it matches the swatch chosen, WITHOUT USING INVENTORY VARIANTS?

The reason for notusing Variants and creating new products is due to downstream issues.

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Swatches and Variants question

Originally posted by samgold View Post
    Hello All,

We sell some outdoor cushions. At this time we just use an attribute, and the customer chooses a color with a radio button.

If I changed the attribute type to swatches, is it possible to flip the image shown so that it matches the swatch chosen, WITHOUT USING INVENTORY VARIANTS?

The reason for notusing Variants and creating new products is due to downstream issues.

Thanks
    Sam
    To use the built in way you will have to use variants. The image actually gets assigned to the inactive variant that gets created not to the main product.

You can choose to not track inventory if you want but the parts have to exist to have swapping images.
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark,

I dont mind creating the variant products or not tracking inventory.

What comes through in the order? The main product, with the variant definition or just the variant definition?

We use Synchro, and I really did not want to have Quickbooks creating millions of permutation products. That is the root of the problem.

Thanks
      Sam

Comment

The main product, with the variant definition shipworks views it as the same but i have no idea how sycnhro works.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Working...
        X