Clear All

eBay Marketplaces - how to set up multiple eBay listings

Miva Merchant 9.0002
    MivaScript Engine v5.22
    Database API: mysql

eBay installed:
    Version: 1.0003
    Provider: Miva Merchant

A few weeks ago I learned in another topic that we must use the Image Machine to resolve this message when setting up products with eBay Marketplaces:

So we created a few Image Types, populated the Main_Image with the same content as the Full-sized Legacy Image and that took care of that.

We have manually set up a few products in Miva and they are showing up on eBay. Note that products do not show up instantly on eBay -their support says it could take minutes, hours or even a day or two for new things to show up in his eBay listing page - but at least a couple are now.

I don't have much interest in knowing too much about how eBay works on their side but this store owner says he bought/set up some eBay account hat allows him to advertise 150 products (or something like that).

To refresh our memories, we went through in Miva setting up another product and that part went smoothly (still not shoing up in eBay after 18 hours).

Now we are trying to figure out the best way to add products in bulk - say 100 products and don't want to do them one at a time.

So far, this set up is pretty simple and when clicking the Marketplace - eBay Listing Setting for a product Miva fills in some things and we know we have to populate the other eBay fields like:

Buy It Now Price
    Quantity (hopefully more than zero but setting it to 10 for now)
    Primary Categories (these are categories offered by eBay)
    Listing Duration (days)
    Condition (a drop down list)

Let's say that for these 100 products to add that the:

Buy It Now Price is always the same as the regular Miva Price
    Quantity is always 10
    The three offered eBay categories are always the same
    Listing Duration is always 7 days
    Condition is always 'New'

I know how to import regular products into Miva so is there some way to import these eBay parameters into Miva?

Hopefully the store owner does not have to configure 100 products one at a time but you always seem to have to click 'Update' when you are done setting one up manually.

Doing one product at a time, after filling in the fields and clicking 'Update' a message briefly displays that says the product was updated, but did it make it to eBay successfully? I guess we just hope so.

If a required field is missing, you will get a message about that so since we are submitting to eBay why not display a message that (at least as far as you can tell) that the product was successfully submitted to eBay as well if it is possible to tell. Just a thought to give us confidence that the submit actually worked since you can't then hop out to eBay and see it - it might take a day to show upon eBay.

At the bottom of the eBay Listing Settings where the image is displayed, there is a check box next to the image:

Untitled.jpg

What is that for?
    Last edited by joseibarra; 03-28-15, 01:22 AM.

Re: eBay Marketplaces - how to set up multiple eBay listings

Originally posted by joseibarra View Post
    Miva Merchant 9.0002
    MivaScript Engine v5.22
    Database API: mysql

eBay installed:
    Version: 1.0003
    Provider: Miva Merchant

A few weeks ago I learned in another topic that we must use the Image Machine to resolve this message when setting up products with eBay Marketplaces:

So we created a few Image Types, populated the Main_Image with the same content as the Full-sized Legacy Image and that took care of that.

We have manually set up a few products in Miva and they are showing up on eBay. Note that products do not show up instantly on eBay -their support says it could take minutes, hours or even a day or two for new things to show up in his eBay listing page - but at least a couple are now.

I don't have much interest in knowing too much about how eBay works on their side but this store owner says he bought/set up some eBay account hat allows him to advertise 150 products (or something like that).

To refresh our memories, we went through in Miva setting up another product and that part went smoothly (still not shoing up in eBay after 18 hours).

Now we are trying to figure out the best way to add products in bulk - say 100 products and don't want to do them one at a time.

So far, this set up is pretty simple and when clicking the Marketplace - eBay Listing Setting for a product Miva fills in some things and we know we have to populate the other eBay fields like:

Buy It Now Price
    Quantity (hopefully more than zero but setting it to 10 for now)
    Primary Categories (these are categories offered by eBay)
    Listing Duration (days)
    Condition (a drop down list)

Let's say that for these 100 products to add that the:

Buy It Now Price is always the same as the regular Miva Price
    Quantity is always 10
    The three offered eBay categories are always the same
    Listing Duration is always 7 days
    Condition is always 'New'

I know how to import regular products into Miva so is there some way to import these eBay parameters into Miva?

Hopefully the store owner does not have to configure 100 products one at a time but you always seem to have to click 'Update' when you are done setting one up manually.

Doing one product at a time, after filling in the fields and clicking 'Update' a message briefly displays that says the product was updated, but did it make it to eBay successfully? I guess we just hope so.

If a required field is missing, you will get a message about that so since we are submitting to eBay why not display a message that (at least as far as you can tell) that the product was successfully submitted to eBay as well if it is possible to tell. Just a thought to give us confidence that the submit actually worked since you can't then hop out to eBay and see it - it might take a day to show upon eBay.

At the bottom of the eBay Listing Settings where the image is displayed, there is a check box next to the image:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1008[/ATTACH]

What is that for?
    Hello,

The eBay Listing settings tab is where you set all the listing settings and images. The update on this page does not send any changed or new information to eBay. This page sets up your listing, so that you can create a new listing from the Marketplace - eBay Product Listings tab. Unfortunately right now each product must be set up manually. Also we do not have any way of revising current listing from miva. Once your listing is created through miva and you need to edit the listing, you must go into your eBay account and update the listing there. In the future we will have the ability to revise listings from miva. The checkbox next to each image is what images you would like to show on your eBay listings. At least one image must be selected in order to create a listing. There is full documentation on this process found at http://www.miva.com/marketplaces

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Thanks - making progress (cockpit error)... getting some messages from eBay that also show up in the Miva Utility Settings, eBay Log Console that I will include thinking that it might help somebody else.

I don't really know or care much about eBay personally so I'm learning some of this stuff as I go along.

Keeping in mind that things might not always work perfectly like in the Miva eBay Marketplaces videos these kinds of things might be good to add in future documentation along with solutions. This is trying to get this to work in the real world and not some perfect environment. It may all be obvious to Miva experts, but not to me!

Now when choosing to create a listing, I see this message (which is coming from eBay):

Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side.

The Miva eBay Log Console says:

Untitled.jpg

The eBay community offers ideas/solutions so I resized the image to be exactly 500x500 and tried to create a listing again and get this message that jives with the Miva video:

The estimated total fees to create this listing is 0.40 USD. Would you like to create the listing?

Fine - so I choose OK and then get:

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay Policy

The Miva eBay Log Console says the same thing for this error:

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.

Untitled.jpg

In their community there seems to be lots of reason for that error message and that will require some more research. They way things like Hyperlinks, might be the problem (not using them here), lots of things to try that might work sometimes maybe and many other things that will probably take contact with eBay.

If anyone that has run into this problem can look at this listing in the store and spot anything obvious that would cause that message and knows what to do about it, that would be great help for me and future Miva eBayers.

http://www.completelycalculators.com/product/HP12C.html

If you have run into this problem and actually fixed it, I would like to know how you fixed it.
      Last edited by joseibarra; 03-31-15, 01:18 AM.

Comment

The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.

In their community there seems to be lots of reason for that error message and that will require some more research. They way things like Hyperlinks, might be the problem (not using them here), lots of things to try that might work sometimes maybe and many other things that will probably take contact with eBay.

If anyone that has run into this problem can look at this listing in the store and spot anything obvious that would cause that message and knows what to do about it, that would be great help for me and future Miva eBayers.

http://www.completelycalculators.com/product/HP12C.html

If you have run into this problem and actually fixed it, I would like to know how you fixed it.
        Hello,

Can you send me the title and description from the Marketplace - eBay Listing Settings tab for the product you are having issues for? I will attempt to create a listing with your title/description to see if I can reproduce the error.

You may want to also contact eBay for this issue as it could be an issue with your seller account.

Thanks
        [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Thanks for the guidance.

Yeah - I'm going to have to get the Store Owner to allow eBay to talk to me somehow... I'm just working to get a few things set up and documenting the procedure for him so he can do the rest on his own.

Here is some info:

eBay Product Listing Settings Title:

HEWLETT PACKARD 12C HANDHELD FINANCIAL

eBay Listing Settings Description:
          Code:
          <b>FEATURES</b><p><ul><li>10 digit display </li><li>Battery powered (CR2032) </li><li>120 built-in financial functions </li><li>Real estate, business, banking </li><li>Statistics and economics </li><li>Amortization, depreciation </li><li>Cash flows, bonds, interest </li><li>20 memory storage registers </li><li>RPN data entry </li><li>1 year limited warranty </li><li>5" x 0.6" x 3" / 4 oz
          Untitled.jpg
          Last edited by joseibarra; 03-31-15, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the guidance.

Yeah - I'm going to have to get the Store Owner to allow eBay to talk to me somehow... I'm just working to get a few things set up and documenting the procedure for him so he can do the rest on his own.

Here is some info:

eBay Product Listing Settings Title:

HEWLETT PACKARD 12C HANDHELD FINANCIAL

eBay Listing Settings Description:
            Code:
            <b>FEATURES</b><p><ul><li>10 digit display </li><li>Battery powered (CR2032) </li><li>120 built-in financial functions </li><li>Real estate, business, banking </li><li>Statistics and economics </li><li>Amortization, depreciation </li><li>Cash flows, bonds, interest </li><li>20 memory storage registers </li><li>RPN data entry </li><li>1 year limited warranty </li><li>5" x 0.6" x 3" / 4 oz
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1017[/ATTACH]
            I was able to create 3 listings with your exact settings. So it seems that you will need to contact eBay to resolve this issue. I hope you can contact eBay and resolve this issue! Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.
            [I]Kyle Hansen

Comment

Thanks - That's encouraging.

I'm waiting to hear from the store owner... It is probably better for eBay to talk to me and then I will 'splain it to him if needed.

I'll post back when I know solution/results so it may end up in the Miva eBay Marketplaces documentation section that reads something like 'If you see this message, here is what it means and here is how to fix it' section.

Of course there will be such a thing.

Closer!

Comment

It has turned out that this store owner has decided to abandon his eBay store for now... Too much trouble, too much competition and maybe some other things. He is going to keep his Miva stores, but nothing for eBay for now.

So I might not ever know what the problem was submitting things to eBay from Miva but appreciate the help and efforts from the community members.

Comment

When trying to create a listing I get this in a pop up.

The location "None" provided in <ShipToLocation> tag contradicts other values like "Americas".

Comment

Originally posted by fastees View Post
                    When trying to create a listing I get this in a pop up.

The location "None" provided in <ShipToLocation> tag contradicts other values like "Americas".
                    Hi fastees,

Can you find the log in your eBay Log Console and paste the output of that log? That will possibly help narrow down the issue and I may be able to look it up.

Thank you.
                    Last edited by dcarver; 11-18-15, 10:26 AM.
                    David Carver
                    Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                    X