Sebenza Module Alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sebenza Module Alternatives

I've tried searching around here and cannot seem to find much on the topic.

We're in the process of replacing our Sebenza modules given that they're now out of business. We've just ordered Phosphor Media's module for reviews, and I only have two more to replace...

First and most important is that we use Sebenza's Product Manager module extensively. Is there a viable alternative? Does it even need to be replaced?

We're also using their Wish List module, but it's not even being actively "advertised" on our website. I could just as easily remove the functionality and not replace, but I'd take a look at an alternative

Finally, we're also using their Basket Price Combination. I think this is a really basic feature, can't see it really becoming "broken" from lack of updates. Thoughts?
    Last edited by koala; 03-28-15, 10:32 AM.
    Dylan Buchfink
    The Mattress & Sleep Company
    http://www.tmasc.ca/

Re: Sebenza Module Alternatives

Dylan,

First, thanks for purchasing Easy Reviews...its the perfect replacement <g>.

As for Product Template manage, it depends on how you are using it. Sometimes all that is need is to use the standard template with a condition or two. For example, Lets say you have products that require a vertical layout and others that require a horizontal one. In this case, you could use a simple condition based on product code (if possible). Say your horizontal product code all start with ABC-, then you could use:

<mvt:if expr="getoken(g.product_code, '-', 1) EQ 'ABC'">
    show horizontal layout
    <mvt:else>
    show vertical
    </mvt:if>

OR, you could have a custom field called Layout and use H and V as values and test for that.

OR, you could use a completely different screen code by entering that in the Alternative Display Screen field of the Product.

That last one is the one that matches what Product Template does...however, to me, unless you've got completely different layouts for lots of products, is more time consuming to manage.

As for the wish list, I believe there are alternatives from emediasales.com and miva (aka emporiumplus)

As for basket price combination, that will probably sneak in soon, but can be done through template modifications.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce, and thanks for doing great work.

Actually yes I am blind, I see there is the "alternative display screen" - this is perfect for our purposes.

We have certain products with attribute tree's that use a lot of javascript, we have others that use a colour picker feature, and certain products which have tabs in the page content - so to keep the site loading as quick as we can I kind of prefer to have a few different variants to suit our purposes
      Dylan Buchfink
      The Mattress & Sleep Company
      http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

You're welcome.

Seems like, in your situation, using a custom field, and just conditioning the attribute display and product information area would also work. Its probably a matter of personal taste, but i'd go for the single page, and condition testing. That way, if you change a common template items, you would only make the change in one place. (Coders, by nature, are incredibly lazy--unless its just thinking.<g>).
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X