Miva 9, store mobility & Google April 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva 9, store mobility & Google April 21st

Other than paying the $699 fee to Miva to have my website made mobile ready for Google's next big change on 4/21, do any of the developers have an easy fix or are there any Miva apps to integrate into my website to get it mobile without spending an arm and a leg? I did the Google mobility test and failed miserably. I'm sort of a day late and a dollar short on this. Up until a week ago I didn't realize Google was going to do this. I am able to access my website via mobile phone without any problems but the test showed things wrong which I knew needed working on even for my regular website.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Re: Miva 9, store mobility & Google April 21st

Kathleen,

I'm not sure if this helps but if you have time to convert your site to one of the FREE Ready Themes from version 9 they are ALL Mobile Friendly and did I mention FREE.
    Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
    (770) 441-9447
    The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
    http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

Good to know, Stephen. I wasn't sure if those themes had been optimized or not.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
      , owner
      Miss Kate's Creations
      [email protected]

Comment

Kathleen,

Yes ma'am they have, work great and load fast.
        Last edited by slabar; 03-29-15, 09:47 AM.
        Sincerely,

Stephen M. LaBar, Jr.
        (770) 441-9447
        The Martial Arts Store

Please Visit Our Site At:
        http://www.themartialartsstore.com

Comment

I am not an SEO expert...but I've been doing e-commerce for almost 17 years...come april 21st, only one thing will possibly happen.

When someone enters "pet frogs" on their mobile device, if you sell pet frogs and you site isn't 'mobile' friendly, then site's that ARE will rank higher than you. If you currently get a small amount of mobile traffic, I wouldn't worry about April 21st (at least 4/21/2015....4/21/16 is a different story).

If 99% of your traffic is from desktops or tablets, then you've got more productive stuff to worry about.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks, Bruce. Most of my business does come from FB, word of mouth, or Google desktop traffic.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
            , owner
            Miss Kate's Creations
            [email protected]

Comment

No Problem...please also note:

1) There are many other options for "mobile" friendly web sites. (Would be nice to catalog them...but who has time :))
              2) The miva professional services one is not a 'fee' but rather payment for services
              3) Several other miva merchant integrator's also do this type of work. Post in for hire section to wake them up :)
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Miss Kate: Thanks for the post, it woke me up to the April 21st deadline. Went to https://www.google.com/webmasters/to...bile-friendly/ to check our Miva created mobile site. Am happy to report that Miva did their work well and it passed.
                Thanks to the Miva team, Larry
                Larry
                Luce Kanun Web Design
                www.facebook.com/wajake41
                www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Working...
                X