Import Permitted Shipping Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Permitted Shipping Methods

Is there a way to import the permitted shipping methods for products?

Re: Import Permitted Shipping Methods

Originally posted by MTB2006 View Post
    Is there a way to import the permitted shipping methods for products?
    Anyone know?

I have over 1000 products to import from several different suppliers. Depending on the product and it size, different shipping methods will be valid for each product. I am hoping to avoid having to manually assigning the valid shipping methods for each product.

Comment

Yes, the shipping methods are available to be imported and exported using the standard product export. The easiest way to do this is to setup a limited set of shipping methods for a product via the admin, then export them so you can use it as a reference. When you export products the shipping methods will show up a custom fields. Make sure they are in the assigned box. The fields you want are: "Limit Shipping Methods" and "Permitted Shipping Methods"

The Permitted Shipping Methods field will be a comma separated list of all the allowable shipping methods for that product. You can then setup the correct methods for all your products and re-import the file.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,

Thanks for the quick replay.

Unfortunately neither "Limit Shipping Methods" or "Permitted Shipping Methods" show up in the custom fields section (or any other section) of the product export on my dev site.
        Last edited by MTB2006; 03-30-15, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Do you have custom fields installed? Under utilities, go to Add/Remove Modules and install custom fields. This should allow them to display in the product export.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

The custom fields module is installed.

Are there specific custom fields that I have to manually create to make it work?

Comment

Working...
            X