Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the latest template code for PayPal light box OSEL template.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the latest template code for PayPal light box OSEL template.

Is the PayPal light box template code in this post Miva Merchant 5.5 Production Release 8 Update 11 Has Been Released the latest. Doesn't seem to work for me. Doing my testing in our MMUI DEV site which is not https, might that be the problem?

I'm following these instructions which I found on the forum
    "The following steps need to be taken to enable the lightbox in-context checkout on OSEL:
    1) Under Payment Settings, enable the In-Context Checkout option on the PayPal Express Checkout tab
    2) Assign the PaypalExButton item to OSEL
    3) Update the PayPal Express Checkout Button template on OSEL with the updated code from this post
    4) Insert the <mvt:item name="PaypalExButton"/> tag somewhere in the OSEL page template
    Note: Without updating the PayPal Express Checkout Button template on OSEL, the button will continue to send you to PayPal just as it did before."

Thanks, Larry
    Last edited by wajake41; 03-29-15, 03:42 PM.
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design
    www.facebook.com/wajake41
    www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Re: Looking for the latest template code for PayPal light box OSEL template.

Question answered. I tried this on our Production https site and was able to get the light box. However, it appears that the shipping charge that the light box receives is not obtained from the basket charges table. That's a show stopper for us as we need it to obtain our custom shipping charge that is applied when the OSEL page is processed. Disappointed again ;(

Larry
    Larry
    Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

Still evaluating PayPal light box on OSEL. Decided to try it on our vanilla CSSUI site. Was able to get it setup and started testing. Immediately noticed when the PayPal light box was displayed, that the customer can change their shipping address. If you are charging for shipping, this is a show stopper right away. Removed light box and went to PayPal checkout. Here again it asks if I want to change my ship to address. However, here the address change is blocked and message "This is the address provided by 'store name'. You can change it on the 'store name' site" is displayed.
      Seems like light box should also block the ship to address change. Anyone understand why the difference?

Cheers, Larry
      Larry
      Luce Kanun Web Design

Comment

How does the PayPal light box get the shipping cost? I was just testing our site and noticed that it did pull a shipping charge, but the one it selected was not the least expensive. Are there options?
        Highly caffeinated
        http://www.coffeehouseexpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cockerham View Post
          How does the PayPal light box get the shipping cost? I was just testing our site and noticed that it did pull a shipping charge, but the one it selected was not the least expensive. Are there options?
          If you have a shipping charge set for your basket before you click on the PayPal button the charge gets sent to PayPal but it gets overwritten on OSEL. That's true of In Context and standard PayPal checkout. You could try turning on the "view shipping basket charge" on your BASK page to see what charge is set before clicking on PayPal to help see what's being added.
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
          X