Maximum number of POST variables exceeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum number of POST variables exceeded

Lately I've been receiving an error of "Maximum number of POST variables exceeded" whenever I try to process a batch of 50 or more orders. Any idea what could be causing this? And any way of knowing if those orders will actually be processed?

Re: Maximum number of POST variables exceeded

This is being caused by a security feature of our engine software that the PA-DSS process mandated. If you contact our support, they can fix this for you by raising the limit beyond the default, or removing the limit. You can also fix it by editing the mivavm.conf file found in your /cgi-bin directory. Just add a new line with:

maxpostvars=1000

where 1000 is the maximum number; you can experiment with it to find a value that works for what you're trying to do but isn't too large. A zero means no limit.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

I coulnd't find that file so I contacted my ISP. They said this method is for Linux and wanted me to ask for a Windows server solution. Is there an equivalent file?

Comment

For IIS 7 you'll find a value under limits for "maxPostVars" which can be set to the number you want; zero or a great enough value to allow the operation to succeed without going to unlimited. For IIS 6 it's in the configuration tab of IIS manager called Max Variables under options.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
          For IIS 7 you'll find a value under limits for "maxPostVars" which can be set to the number you want; zero or a great enough value to allow the operation to succeed without going to unlimited. For IIS 6 it's in the configuration tab of IIS manager called Max Variables under options.
          I have no idea what that means, but I'm pretty sure they will. Thanks David.

Comment

A Windows host who did not know is one you should run from as fast as possible.
            Gordon Currie
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X