Create customer account from Order Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create customer account from Order Processing

We enter a fair number of orders manually when customers call. During the process, it would be helpful if we could create a customer account for them. The email address could be the default user name. I would have the system generate a random password and email it in the account creation email, encouraging the customer to log in and update.

Benefits:

Customer is encouraged to use the account and order online.
    Customer can access order history inside the account.
    Business can easily find customer account for faster order entry should they call in again.
    Business builds more accounts for use with future Miva CRM functions.

Re: Create customer account from Order Processing

I think what you'd want to do is send an Email with a link. That link would prompt for a password (and offer to change default username from bill to email) and when posted create the account...wait a minute...that sounds like Easy Account with a "email" follow-up...hmmm...think we could add that in pretty easily. In fact, it could also work for web orders where the customer declines the Easy Account prompt giving them a second chance to create an account. Nice Idea!
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

We would really like the same thing for our process, but the email features probably wouldn't be needed for our process (but wouldn't hurt). The regular issue we have is that people who have placed an order previously choose to become a regular customer (which is great for us). These people call in an order, and although they have placed an order with us previously, they do not have an account. We want to look professional in how we handle this new customer. It is time consuming to open their old order in another tab and to copy paste, and the customer doesn't really want to have to give all their information again, plus the possibility of entry errors if we do ask them for their information again. This really is a regular issue for us, and I'm curious how many others have the same "problem". Don't get me wrong, we've done things to overcome it, but it sure would be a super nice option to supplement the existing order entry features.
      Charlie Morrison
      www.MCRmedical.com

Comment

Not perfect, but you could just create a customer entry for them. Errors are lessened cause you can copy the bill/ship info from their old order. Once the account is created, you can assign both the new and old order to that customer account. When you create the new order after creating the customer account, selecting that customer account auto fills the customer information for the new order.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for that suggestion. We either do that or create the account after we get off the phone with the customer, depending on the conversation path with the customer. We added multi-monitor setups for those that didn't already have them to facilitate the copy-pasting and run other apps to help convert. But I didn't know you could assign an old order to a newly created customer account, so I'll have to look into what you suggested there. I just poked around and didn't see anything obvious, but will look at that further when I get a chance. Thanks!
          Charlie Morrison
          www.MCRmedical.com

Comment

Working...
          X