X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9.0003 Bug Reports

Originally posted by Eric Foresman View Post
    Hi titlehere

I have written bug#18939 for this issue.

To get this product to stop generating gift certificates all the default settings on the "gift certificate sales" tab must be present.

Generate a Gift Certificate When This Product is Purchased = unchecked
    Gift Certificate Amount: = Product Sale Price
    Send Notification Email To = Shipping Email Address (checked)

All other options must be left blank or unchecked.

Thanks for all your help in tracking this guy down, it was a tricky one.

-Eric
    Excellent. Just did a test order and confirmed the fix. Thank you!

Comment

I think I stumbled across a bug on the basket page. I left my browser up on the basket page and stepped away for a few hours. When I returned, I refreshed the page and got a fatal error:

Fatal Error
      Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-00010
      Description: Unable to load requested Basket Item(s). Some or all of the Basket Contents may no longer be available.
      Other Information:
      I was able to use Fiddler to grab the request being sent to the page, although for the moment I'll just include the form post data:

Action=QTYG
      Store_Code=SC
      Basket_Group=2339
      Old_Screen=BASK
      Offset=
      AllOffset=
      CatListingOffset=
      RelatedOffset=
      SearchOffset=
      Quantity=1

So apparently it was triggered by submitting a quantity update to an expired basket, but at the moment I can't reproduce it. Right now if I add a product to the cart, update the quantity, delete my session cookie, and refresh, it just goes to BSKE as expected. I don't think it's a particularly common or critical problem, but regardless, I thought it would be worth submitting.

Josh

Comment

On the ABAL Page > Customer Credit History Layout Tab > Advanced mode have entity encoded on hrefs that seem like they should be attribute encoded. And some &mvte: should be coded as &mvt:

Example line 96: &mvte:customercredithistory:page_links:prev_lin k;

and

line 150: &mvte:credit_entry:descrip;
        http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Hi Josh

That is not a bug but the correct functionality for when you try to update a basket that no longer exists. To reproduce this manually you can use the delete shopping baskets button located under Data Management > Database Tools >Delete Shopping Baskets. Simply add something to your basket, then delete all baskets not just the expired ones, and then try to update the quantity of the item in your basket at runtime.

To prevent this from happening for your shoppers you can increase the basket timeout on the Store Settings tab. Menu > Store Settings > Settings tab > Basket Timeout.

Hope this helps

-Eric
          Eric Foresman
          Software Tester
          Miva Merchant
          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi Eric,
            Thanks for responding. In light of that, I guess my thought would be that it doesn't seems like a fatal error making it all the way to the UI should be the correct functionality where it can be helped. It would be nice to catch this and post it as a message within BSKE that their basket has expired. Heck, it would be even nicer to just automatically create a new basket and add the product to it (if it was an add or quantity action).

That's just my two cents. I don't imagine people would come across this message often, but it would still be nice to smooth this out a bit.

Thanks again for checking in on this issue and taking the time to respond.

Josh

Comment

Search for Products in Categories (to assign products):

We used to be able to search for part of the product code and product name and it would find products that fit that bill for both items. I have tried the following using the wildcard, but it does not seem to work as expected:

otc-57% hammer%

In the above example, the product code would contain: otc-57 and the product name would include hammer. It seems to work when I do this search in the "Home > Catalog > Products", but not in "Home > Catalog > Categories > Edit Category: OTC > Products".

I am aware of the advanced search, but what used to take a couple steps now takes 47 (not much of an exaggeration).

Is there something I am missing with the wildcards, or is this something that needs to be addressed in 9.4?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,

Eldon

Comment

Sorting by Custom Fields doesn't work run of site in the backend. For example, I added a custom field in the qualify products for a pricing group in the marketing section. After Selecting the option with three horizontal bars, I selected a custom field.

The custom field shows up, but I cannot sort that custom field. The custom field I am using is declaring a product type. When working, I could just sort by the product type, select all of those products and assign them to the price group. Currently, I have to go through over a 1000 records and select them one at a time as they make sense to the pricing group.

Comment

Hi eldon

What is the full code and name for the product or products that come up when you search for “otc-57% hammer%”?

I’m trying to reproduce what you are seeing on both the catalog> products tab and the edit category> products tab. So far I haven’t gotten it to give me any results for a product code that has “otc-57” or a product name that has “hammer” within it.

Thanks
                  -Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  [email protected]

Comment

On the catalog page, sorting products A-Z by code does not work.

Comment

Hi Leanna

I just tested in my store and I am not having any issues. Can you post screenshots or give me more information on what you are doing/expecting/seeing?

Thanks

-Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      [email protected]

Comment

Hmm. It seems to happen if I use an alternative sorting method (i.e. by weight) and then try to sort using the A-Z sorting method.

Correct A-Z by code sort order:

sorted.jpg

Sorted by weight:

byweight.jpg

After sorting by weight, and then attempting to sort A-Z by code:

bycode.jpg
                        Last edited by Leanne; 05-06-15, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Leanne

I think I see the problem, I think you are confusing the batch list sort & display order sort. Notice how in the first image there is a + next to the word “code” in the list, that means that the batch list sorting is set to “code ascending” when you change the sort to by weight you must have been doing the batch list sort by weight.

From here if you click on the “Sort Products” button (AZ with an arrow pointing down) you will be changing the display order sort and not the batch list sort.

To get the batch list to sort by code again you can click on the word “code” on the header row or click the button labeled “sort” (arrow pointing down with three lines to the right) and click “code”

Hope this helps

-Eric
                          Eric Foresman
                          Software Tester
                          Miva Merchant
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by joshpappas View Post
                            I think I stumbled across a bug on the basket page. I left my browser up on the basket page and stepped away for a few hours. When I returned, I refreshed the page and got a fatal error:

Fatal Error
                            Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-00010
                            Description: Unable to load requested Basket Item(s). Some or all of the Basket Contents may no longer be available.
                            Other Information:
                            I was able to use Fiddler to grab the request being sent to the page, although for the moment I'll just include the form post data:

Action=QTYG
                            Store_Code=SC
                            Basket_Group=2339
                            Old_Screen=BASK
                            Offset=
                            AllOffset=
                            CatListingOffset=
                            RelatedOffset=
                            SearchOffset=
                            Quantity=1

So apparently it was triggered by submitting a quantity update to an expired basket, but at the moment I can't reproduce it. Right now if I add a product to the cart, update the quantity, delete my session cookie, and refresh, it just goes to BSKE as expected. I don't think it's a particularly common or critical problem, but regardless, I thought it would be worth submitting.

Josh

I have had this same problem and had not left my basket at all. It happened when using Internet Explorer on a Windows 8 computer. It occurred on two different computers I tested it on. Also I found that I can not complete any order on Internet Explorer using Windows 8 because the basket is repeatedly emptied. If I add a 2nd product to the cart the first product disappears. As soon as I click checkout my basket always empties.

Comment

Hi chrtisangulo

At this time it is not possible to sort by or search for custom field values within the MM batch lists. If you would like that feature added you can post it to the dream fearless list.

Thanks
                              -Eric
                              Eric Foresman
                              Software Tester
                              Miva Merchant
                              [email protected]

Comment

Every time I update the Customer Field settings for Bill/Ship to, the DIV tags on all the customer info pages like ACAD & OCST go to default. I am trying to setup on the Suivant theme and am having to go back and copy the div tags from older version. I have to do this because we have the 'Bill to' on the left and 'Ship to - if different' on the right. Updating the fields should not change all formatting.

One suggestion I have is regarding the gift certificates: It would be very helpful if a 'gift item' was created by the system from the admin giving us the choice to select from a few templates like dropdown or enter your own value. I had to mess around a lot to make it work: http://store.dar-us-salam.com/FR/Gift.html

Thanks
                                Last edited by Dar-us-Salam.com; 05-11-15, 05:21 AM.
                                Omar Waheed
                                http://dar-us-salam.com
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Dar-us-Salam Publications
                                Worship the Creator, not the Creations!

Comment

Working...
                                X