This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 9.0003 Bug Reports

MARKETING > PRICE GROUPS > QUALIFYING and DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS (Product Search)

After creating a couple of Price Groups, in trying to assign products, I'm getting no results.

In "Search Products...", neither Simple Search nor Advanced Search is working. Examples:

1. In Simple Search I have used partial codes and get "No content to display"

2. In Simple Search I have used a complete product code and get "No content to display"

3. In Advanced Search, under "Code", I have tried "Equal To", "Contains" and "Like", using relevant values, and get "No content to display"

4. In Advanced Search, under "Name", I have tried "Equal To", "Contains" and "Like", using relevant values, and get "No content to display"

5. And for the heck of it, in Advanced Search, I search for products under $100, and get "No content to display"

The Simple Search was working well under 9.0002 and now it's no longer working.

cheers,
    Michael

Comment

Hi Michael

I am currently in mm9.0003 and I am not able to reproduce what you are seeing. Do you see any products before you perform the search? If yes then can you please open a service ticket so that support can log in and take a look at what is going on.

Thanks
      -Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

Also click the "eye" icon and make sure it is set to "Show All" and click the "4 lines" and make sure it is set to All
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi Eric and Brennan,

Thanks for the clarification.

But, may I say, this is not intuitive. Why, when I'm about to assign products to qualify, would the default be set to "Assigned". I haven't assigned them yet!

I would have rather thought that the default would be "Show All", especially as there have been no assignments.

(Come to think about it, I've also noticed this when assigning products to a new category. One needs to reset the default to "Show All" before. Again, not too intuitive when nothing's yet assigned.)

I would hope that you re-think the default state in these instances.

cheers,
          Michael

Comment

Hey Michael -

The default state is to show all, however anytime you change it (say your filtering the list for a product) the settings get saved, so next time you come back it remembers your settings.

I can see how this can be confusing in this case though. But in general, the idea is you can customize any batch list view to whatever you want and Miva will always remember that state, so next time you don't have to change it.
            Brennan Heyde
            VP Product
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Brennan,

In this case it wasn't a batch list - I was creating a brand-new price group code. So, why should it default to "Show Assigned"? This is the part that is not intuitive.

I realize that it might remember the last state I was in when assigning products to a price group code but when new codes are being assigned products, the default should be "Show All".

In 5.5 it was usually "Show All" and you could actually see the buttons saying "Show Assigned" and "Show All". That eyeball in Miva 9 really does me in.

"Just sayin'"!

cheers,
              Michael

Comment

9.0003 Bug Reports - Duplicate Thumbnail Images after 6/1 Update

After today's update, the image machine is doubling the additional image thumbnails on the product page. This seems to be happening with products having attributes with variants and using the standard dropdown list. Products using the swatch dropdown don't seem to be affected.

Miva Merchant 9.0003
                MivaScript Engine v5.20
                Database API: mysql
                Last edited by diana; 06-01-15, 08:03 PM.
                Diana Hall
                http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

Diana,

If you're referring to the USPS May 2015 Update patch, it's near impossible to believe that update caused what you're describing. The only thing updated during that update was the built in USPS module.

I'd suggest opening a support ticket, something else is amok here.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Rick. Maybe it was already an issue and I just didn't notice since most products do not use inventory variants. FYI, I did play around with it a bit and discovered that it happens to images that are not assigned an image type. Once I created a type and assigned the image, the duplicate disappeared.
                    Diana Hall
                    http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

Price in checkout not displaying correctly.
                      Product screen shoot

The product is setup with a price of $1 and small attribute variant of $5

Check Summary

Shows correct price

Checkout 1

Shows correct price

Next Checkout (now the problem)

Product is $1 and the Total is $6. While correct the math for the screen is not correct.

Next Checkout screen

Same as last

Sorry for a lot of images. I thinks that explain my problem

Mark

Comment

I think I may have encountered a bug (at least in my dev store) related to importing a CSV file to update existing items.

I was trying to upload item Shipping Dimensions for around 200 products to try and improve the UPS rate estimate accuracy but I'm having a strange issue when attempting the import in my dev store. I am using the "Add/Update Products from CSV" method/template since it supports the newer SHIPPING_WIDTH/LENGTH/HEIGHT fields. No problem.

I am attempting this with a test file of only one item. To create my import file I downloaded the CSV template from the Data Management -> Import Settings page and only filled in the following fields, leaving the rest of the column headers intact (I verified the correct number of commas separate these fields):

- PRODUCT_CODE
                        - SHIPPING_WIDTH
                        - SHIPPING_LENGTH
                        - SHIPPING_HEIGHT

When I upload the file, the shipping dimensions are updated correctly, but it wipes out at least my SKU, product description, image url (legacy) and thumbnail url (legacy) changing them to empty fields. Some other fields are left intact such as Product Name and the Price/Cost. Is this expected?

My product import template is using the default settings of "Determine (Fields) Automatically Using Header Row". It's also using "Retain Existing Data when Imported Data is Empty", but I think that only applies to Custom Fields.

I figured out a workaround to this which is to "Manually Assign" the columns in my upload file. (As an aside, when I tried this workaround to map to the four fields mentioned above, the template wouldn't save until I also mapped the "PRODUCT_NAME" field, even though that field wasn't populated in my upload file. This didn't happen in my production store.) Once I set this up everything seemed to import successfully without writing over other fields.

Thought I'd post here in case this was easily reproducible/fixable for you. Losing all my image references and descriptions was a little scary! :-) However, I'm personally good to go for now given the workaround.

Miva 9.0003 CSSUI / Engine 5.20 / FF39.0 / Win8

Darrin

Comment

Hi Darrin,

For standard fields the import doesn’t have a way for users to control what an empty field means, you are correct in that the “Retain Existing Data when Imported Data is Empty” is only for custom fields. For standard fields the determining factor is wither or not a blank value is valid for that field. As you noticed Product name is a required field and therefore cannot be set to blank via the import. Whereas SKU, product description, image url (legacy) and thumbnail url (legacy) are not required fields, so it is possible to update them to a blank value via the import.

In cases like this it is usually recommended that you only import the fields you wish to update + the product code which is required for an update existing products import. You can also create a new import using the product import module. If you set the products dropdown to “update existing products only” then the only required field that you would have to manually set is product code. The default Add/Update products from CSV is set to Add New and Update Existing Products which requires both product name and code to be set in order to save when manually assigning fields.

Hope this helps
                          -Eric
                          Eric Foresman
                          Software Tester
                          Miva Merchant
                          http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                          [email protected]

Comment

Eric,

That helps a ton and I think explains everything- thank you! I think if I would have changed from Add New/Update Existing to just Update Existing initially, it would have worked just like I expected because I originally started with a file that contained only the four fields I wanted but it was enforcing the Product Code, which wasn't in my file.

Feel free to delete these posts if it helps keep the bugs thread clean.
                            Darrin

Comment

I've closed this thread due to the release of 9.0004. Please upgrade first and then post any bug reports on 9.0004 here: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...807#post434807
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X