Mobile-Site Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile-Site Issue

A customer contacted us today to say they can't see the front and back of our images on the mobile site. I noticed that the thumbnails are not showing up there. I am using the mobile site that uses toolkit to render. Is there any way someone could advise me what could be going on with the thumbnails for switching the product images the way it switches on the desktop version?

Example page: http://www.heavytshirt.com/product/HS495.html

Thanks much,
    Maxanne Durkee
    Maxanne Durkee
    Heavyweight Collections - Premium Heavy T-Shirts
    Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Re: Mobile-Site Issue

You would have to add imagemachine and magiczoom to the mobile framework in order to make it work. The framework is very basic and doesn't come with those parts preinstalled.

Another way would be turning your site responsive and ditching the mobile framework. We offer this service and do it without altering your desktop site. If interested, contact me thru my email address below.
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Originally posted by PCINET - Andreas View Post
      You would have to add imagemachine and magiczoom to the mobile framework in order to make it work. The framework is very basic and doesn't come with those parts preinstalled.
      Thanks! I don't quite understand because my version of the mobile_guide talks about adding in the mobile image machine tab and enable it (which I did) and the beginning of the instructions talks about the updates that were added in this version. I don't really need magiczoom to be on the mobile version, I just want the multiple image types to show up so the visitor can see the different angles of the product.

Is there a piece of code that could be missing that calls the mobile image machine tab on the mobile content tab?

By the way, We are in the process of building a new site based on bootstrap so this will be taken care of soon, I just thought maybe I could fix it pretty easily with enabling the image machine since it is already written in there.

Thanks again,
      Maxanne

**EDIT - I just noticed that none of my custom fields are showing in the mobile version either! I wonder if that has something to do with it. I am using different image types like - Front, Back, Side1, side2. and also I have some custom fields to show a size chart on the page. Could it be that the mobile doesn't allow for the custom fields?
      Last edited by mdurkee; 04-16-15, 10:38 AM.
      Maxanne Durkee
      Heavyweight Collections - Premium Heavy T-Shirts
      Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Comment

compare the head tag section and product image section of the desktop and mobile site. This should give you a clue what is missing.
        Andreas Toman
        PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
        We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
        Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
        web: www.pcinet.com
        LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
        phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Very nice site, congrats. I notice that when I clicked on the logo I was not taken to the home page.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Maxanne: A comment on your mobile site, the twitter banner and company name are taking about 60% of the viewport. The Twitter banner itself, about 25%. Also after visiting the twitter link, I had trouble returning to your site.
            Larry
            Last edited by wajake41; 04-17-15, 07:13 AM.
            Larry
            Luce Kanun Web Design
            www.facebook.com/wajake41
            www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Working...
            X