Partial Payment with Customer Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial Payment with Customer Credit

I'm playing around with the new Iron & Wool framework on a dev site to learn all the new bells and whistles...

I've enabled the customer credit payment module and I gave myself some customer credit.

When I check out I have the option to apply credit balance, so I choose the radio button for that and click continue. Then I have the option for Entire order total or partial. I choose partial, enter an amount and click complete order. Then on the next screen I don't have the option to choose a payment method for the remaining balance, It automatically defaults to the first payment method option, check in my case, and there's no way to change it.

How do I get at all of the payment options for the remaining balance?
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Re: Partial Payment with Customer Credit

You should see a drop down of all the available payment methods. You're only seeing a single payment method?
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hey Brennan,

Yes, after I enter the partial payment amount the next screen asks for the check number. No other payment options. I have simple validation set up for c.c. testing.

I applied the framework to an existing dev site that I've used a bit testing new frameworks and new features. But it's basically a raw site.
      Ron Frigon

Comment

Hey Brennan,

So I was able to get the additional fields to show as long as my customer credit was less than my order total.

But, lets say my order total is $200. I have $500 in customer credit and I want to apply $100 partial customer credit and save the remaining $400 for later. This is where it breaks. I don't get an option of how I want to pay the other $100. It defaults to whatever the first payment option is.

Is this by design? Do you need to apply "All" customer credit in order to have the partial payment option?

Now lets really break it.

I have $500 in customer credit and my order total is $200. I choose "Apply Credit Balance ($500)". Then I select "Partial" and leave it at the default $200. Now my order "Total Remaining" is $0.00, but it's asking me for a c.c. number now. Maybe it's a mistake, so I click Complete Order. Now I get the error for required fields not filled out correctly...
        Ron Frigon

Comment

OK we're able to see the same things. Digging into what is going on and I'll post the fix once we have it.
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

I have a solution to this:

Code:
            At line 132, replace:
            <mvt:assignname="g.totalPayment" value="'hide'" />
            With: