Display a Custom Customer Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display a Custom Customer Field

I'm racking my brain trying to get a custom customer field to show on a page when the customer is logged in. I know I've done this before numerous times, but must not have saved it in my own code library. I've messed with the Custom Field Reference Guide (located here http://www.miva.com/videos/articles/...-documentation), but just can't get the right combo down.

(1) The custom customer field's code is Grocery
    (2) I just want to display whatever is entered in this custom field for a customer on any page I need to.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

Re: Display a Custom Customer Field

What's the actual code you've tried to use?
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

I started by just using the Toolkit with no luck..... Should be simple, but it's just not displaying it.....

HTML Code:
      <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="customer|member|membership" />
      &mvte:global:member;
      I made sure I had toolkit, custom fields, and customer fields assigned just to be sure.

I don't have quick access to the code I was using from Miva's own documentation so unfortunately I can't share that at the moment, but even the toolkit was failing me.
      Ted Hust
      AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Also note, this is a Category Page Template, and I'm trying to get this all to display via the categories "header" field. That was the only other thing I could think of, was maybe it just wouldn't work within the header field, but that shouldn't be it I don't think.
        Ted Hust
        AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Try:

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Customer_ID( l.settings:customer:id, 'members', l.settings:customfields )" />

Then you should have the variable:

l.settings:customfields:member available.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X