Get Customer Ordre IP Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Customer Ordre IP Address

Is there any way to get a customer's IP address for processed orders? We recieved a large order and I would like to cross reference the iP address to do a fraud check.
    Kevin
    TEL: 646-320-8650
    www.GEOGRAPHICUS.com

Re: Get Customer Ordre IP Address

If you have access to your site's web logs, look in the log that contains secure requests (if they're separated) for the day of the order. At the exact time of the order, you'll find a POST request that will look something like this:

Code:
    1.2.3.4 - - [22/Apr/2015:11:41:56 -0400] "POST /mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=c8201c6e73d93f1e7473338305aad681& HTTP/1.1" 200
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

That's great. Where are logs typically located. I do see a folder called log with varios .mvc files. Is that it? There is cim_og.mvc, elf.mvc, golanalytics5.1.mvc and Malf.mvc.

Is this it?

Kevin

Originally posted by Geographicus View Post
      Is there any way to get a customer's IP address for processed orders? We recieved a large order and I would like to cross reference the iP address to do a fraud check.
      Kevin
      TEL: 646-320-8650
      www.GEOGRAPHICUS.com

Comment

You could also add this as a custom order field, writing the contents of s.remote_addr into a custom order field (i believe that's been shown on a previous forum post).

However, IP geo location is not an exact science :)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Geographicus View Post
          That's great. Where are logs typically located. I do see a folder called log with varios .mvc files. Is that it? There is cim_og.mvc, elf.mvc, golanalytics5.1.mvc and Malf.mvc.

Is this it?

Kevin
          Those are files on the public-facing side of your site, used by the store. The logs will generally be outside of the web content directory (often called httpdocs, htdocs or html). If you have a control panel, they can typically be downloaded from there.
          David Hubbard
          CIO
          Miva
          [email protected]
          http://www.miva.com

Comment

We use Toolkit to pull the IP address and print it to the Merchant Order Confirmation.

The code on that page looks like this:

<mvt:item name="toolkit" param="vassign|ip|remote_addr" />
            IP: &mvte:global:ip;
            This only works for pulling the IP address as the order is processing through. In other words, if you go back to a previous order and resend the Confirmation Email, the IP won't be there.
            Last edited by aubreyd; 04-23-15, 05:42 AM.
            www.kicks-ind.com
            www.comp-n-choke.com

Comment

Just for prosperity, don't need toolkit to do this.

IP: <mvt:eval expr="s.remote_addr" />

As I mentioned before, you can add this to a custom order field. On the OPAY screen, add

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Basket('custIP', s.remote_addr)" />

then when you want to view that data

<mvt:item name="customfields" param="Read_Order('custIP', g.CustomerIP)" />
              <mvt:eval expr="g.CustomerIP" />
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X