Address Book > Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Address Book > Checkout

A feature I'd like to see would be a good address book that allows scrolling/paging/index or search to handle customers who have large amounts of locations. As an example a facility manager may have a hundred addresses he might ship to.

Currently I handle this with a div with some scrollbars and link anchors allowing users to jump to the particular entry - and it works- but I am using a modified version of Sebenza's Address book and I assume that at some point it will stop working leaving me scrambling for a solution.

Note: I'm not averse to reasonably priced 3rd party addons so this idea could be for Miva or app developers.

address.jpg
    Last edited by habreu; 04-24-15, 07:11 AM.

Re: Address Book > Checkout 2

One more wrinkle. Now the owner wants to add call in orders through the Miva backend. Up until now we had them in both Quickbooks for call ins, and Miva for self serve customers. The sync programs don't currently meet our needs (will require some major changes to how we do some things we aren't ready to do).

It makes sense because then customers get the auto emails, can check history etc.

The back end order entry actually works very well, however with our customers having multiple locations that is not reflected on the backend. So my dream list modification would also be that whatever solution you come up with (or 3rd party developer) has the ability to open the address book in the backend.

Comment

Re: Address Book > Checkout

Address book is coming later this year (modeled after Amazon's version). It'll be part of the new MivaPay.

Also as for Sync products, what's the hold up on that side?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

The owner is the QB guru (I know he was a member of the steering commitee for some version or another) and understands what he wants the best but basically in our past effort with Miva Sync, and substantial time discussing this with Monsoon among others we found that we could not get to the point where we could work all in QB or all in Miva. It came down to ending up with time and money spent but still having to work half in each product.

I know we had problems getting everything to map for example, in part because of the way he has it structured in QB. I can't explain it all (I don't work in QB much) but from what I understand we have several large customers (like Public Storage) that have thousands of locations and in order to be able to ship and bill the way that these guys require he has them broken down in QB in a way that the sync just couldn't handle.

We actually purchased Miva Sync a couple years back and after a lot of effort with your support team still couldn't get it to work - again largely because we did things in a way that you didn't anticipate from my understanding.

What we just started to try very recently is to manually add all the orders to Miva as we want our people to become more self service and be able to view their order history and shipping status.

Comment

Have you tried or explored T-Hub?
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

We did though I no longer remember the specifics of why it did not work.

Comment

Working...
            X