Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Search Function

Hello,
    I just upgraded to V9 yesterday. When searching a product, some of our products have the same keyword for a search. For example JPQ1, we have 21 products that have this keyword in it. Today I find the need to change the price on every product with JPQ1 in it. I realize I can globally import an Excel file to do this but it is often more quick to do this one at a time as sometimes it may only be 5 or 6.

When I search, the default is to present Places, not Products. The issue is that it brings up a long, sometimes confusing list. I would like to be able to have it default to Products, not Places. Can this be done at this time or can this be implemented in the future. The old system was slick in this case that you didn't get a ton of results you don't want.

I do realize I can go to Catalog and then search but the more steps involved the less efficient the new system is so looking for any solution that can be provided that doesn't require an extra step.

Thank you.

John Wallace

Re: Global Search Function

Hey John -

There is not currently a setting to make product appear first in the list. However I don't believe that would solve your issue. The number of results displayed in the global search depends on the height of your screen size. Most likely all your products won't display.

A couple of tips which may help:

1. You want to be using the Products Batch List search not the global search for this. The main reason is that you can search for your prefix and bulk edit the product prices right from the batch list screen. Search for your products based off your prefix (If you have inventory variants, make sure you are only viewing active products). In the results click the first record, hold SHIFT on the keyboard and then click the last record. This will select all records. You can then click the edit button to edit the price field for all products at the same time (make sure the price is a visible column in the list). When you are done, simple click enter to save all your changes.

2. Another thing which may help is the wildcard character. You an use the % sign to signify a wildcard of character in your searches.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Brennan,
      Sorry, I should have been more clear. The issue I posted is just one of many reasons we need to have Product appear first. In the old Miva we could set to search product and then all day long it stayed that way.

We have 5 individuals on the phones taking 200-300 calls each day. They need to search by product name all day in MIVA. In the old system we searched by Product and received our results. We now receive a multitude of results returned unless we take the extra step to move over to products.

I am also am updating products all day and have the same issue. The issue I posted is just one of many reasons why this is a pain point. I am requesting an update that would allow users to choose a default similar to the old system.

Unless someone works with us and understands our workflow, it may be hard to understand why we need the ability to default the search to Products instead of Places but the way MIVA is now, we are, as a team required to click 300-400 extra times per day to get the information we need.

Comment

Can you email me directly. I would like to see you workflow so I can fully understand the issue.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
        X