Products Have Doubled in the Store Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products Have Doubled in the Store Front

I'm in the throes of rebuilding our store in Miva 9 CSSUI (from MMUI). Yesterday I copied product, image, category, attributes, attribute templates, and custom fields database tables. I then imported each table into the dev store database.

No problems. Worked beautifully.

Today I've discovered that my products have doubled, but only when viewing the store. For example, in the featured products array at the bottom of the Ready Theme SFNT or on any category page, I have two identical instances of every product product (pun intended). They share the same product code, same name, price, etc etc etc.

I checked both the admin and the database table S01_Products, but they're clean. No doubled products. I'm posting a screen shot of the SFNT too just so you can see. Each product is displayed twice.

What could possibly be the cause? I'd like to fix it . . .

Re: Products Have Doubled in the Store Front

I suspect that you have duplicated SMT coding in your storefront, or some conditional within a product array loop that is incorrect and is writing the same item twice (<-- this is most likely).
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce! Normally, I'd agree with you. Sadly, I haven't changed any templates yet. We got our Dev store, and I started moving DB tables.

Comment

Ah, you're 'moving' db tables? You should only be importing/exporting...unless that is what you mean. If you are actually moving them, than that's your problem. You can't really do that unless you move ALL of them over. There are too many inter-table dependencies to manage manually moving tables.
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bad choice of words on my part. I'm following the directions from this Miva blog about rebuilding a MMUI store in a CSSUI store, :
          http://www.miva.com/blog/how-to-conv...merchant-store

Admittedly, I said the same thing about "too many inter-table dependencies" once I exported the data and took a look at the files. Nevertheless, perhaps I should open a ticket. Thanks for chiming in, though.
          Last edited by Mark Stephens; 04-29-15, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Yea, I think Miva needs to put a "Skill" level rating on some of their "how tos"...(Not saying you're not 'skilled' but even I don't typically do direct database transfers on sites unless its ALL of them.)

I see too many store owners/others kind of get in over their heads, which means miva or someone has to step in...which is great that they do (or can)...but the store owner just wasted their time.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X