USPS Online Rate Calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USPS Online Rate Calculation

We seem to be having pretty much the same issue as in this thread: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/arch.../t-110699.html except we are using the U.S.P.S. Priority Mail shipping method only.

Miva Info:

Miva Merchant 9.0003
    MivaScript Engine v5.22
    Database API: mysql
    Host: Miva.com

Module Info:

Code: mvusps
    Name: U.S.P.S. Online Rate Calculation (Domestic & International)
    Provider: Miva Merchant
    Supported API Version: 5.72
    Version: 9.0000
    Usage Count (Number of Stores): 1
    Module Features: data_store,provision_store,shipping,shipping_label ,vis_shipping,vis_wizard
    Active

The store owner is eating the excess shipping charge, which is approximately only 95 cents per order, but add up enough orders...you see the dilemma. We could increase weights on products, but that can make weights look extreme. So, hopefully there is a different fix.

Help will be greatly appreciated,

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Re: USPS Online Rate Calculation

Anybody? Could we be doing something wrong??...maybe some setting?....something else....anyone with similar issues?

Only one thing I can think of is that the site owner does not use box/package sizes, etc. Could that be it? On the 5.5, we used the regular old module with no box sizes and had no issues, but now we are doing the online rates and now the shipping charges are too low.

Kind of desperate for some guidance here....

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Depending on the size of the box it could be an issue. Reading that post though it was the opposite of your problem because they wanted to charge the cheaper online price?

They wanted to show a cheaper price so i ask where is your customer getting his price problems from? Do they bring packages to the post office and pay there / Stamps.com / Endicia ?

we used the regular old module with no box sizes and had no issues
      Is the USPS module checkbox for "Display Online Rates to Customers When Available" checked?
      Last edited by Mark Hood; 05-01-15, 11:17 AM.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Next question... Are the actual shipment boxes more than a cubic foot?
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
          Depending on the size of the box it could be an issue. Reading that post though it was the opposite of your problem because they wanted to charge the cheaper online price?

They wanted to show a cheaper price so i ask where is your customer getting his price problems from? Do they bring packages to the post office and pay there / Stamps.com / Endicia ?

Is the USPS module checkbox for "Display Online Rates to Customers When Available" checked?
          Not sure about where they are getting the price problems. I know it is not Endicia. I'll check the rest and report back.

For the checkbox, yes, Display Online Rates to Customers When Available, is checked.

Bless you Mark!!
          Last edited by jsdva; 05-01-15, 12:32 PM.
          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Next question... Are the actual shipment boxes more than a cubic foot?
            Not sure on this either Mark. I think they are just doing it by weight. Packaging Rules and Handling Charges are not used, and we have nothing under the boxes tab.

Jamie
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post
              Not sure about where they are getting the price problems. I'll check and report back.

For the checkbox, yes, Display Online Rates to Customers When Available, is checked.
              So with that box checked the customer would get the cheaper online rate - this is one thing to fix by unchecking the box because if it's not how they are actually paying for them the customers are seeing cheaper rates then they are actually getting.
              Last edited by Mark Hood; 05-01-15, 12:35 PM.
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

So with that box checked the customer would get the cheaper online rate - this is one thing to fix by unchecking the box because if it's not how they are actually paying for them the customers are seeing cheaper rates then they are actually getting.
                Okay. I'll do that now. Still waiting on a response regarding the post office/ stamps.com

Jamie
                Jamie Donaldson

Comment

...where is your customer getting his price problems from? Do they bring packages to the post office and pay there / Stamps.com / Endicia ?
                  Okay, they are getting their price from a postage machine. It is a Pitney Bowes Postage Machine. Something I am not as familiar with.

Thanks for any advice on this,

Jamie
                  Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post
                    Okay, they are getting their price from a postage machine. It is a Pitney Bowes Postage Machine. Something I am not as familiar with.

Thanks for any advice on this,

Jamie
                    Yeah no clue on how to match prices to a pitney bowes machine but I assume the calculated prices their customers are seeing is now higher correct?
                    Last edited by Mark Hood; 05-04-15, 07:53 AM.
                    Mark Hood
                    Vermont Gear

Comment

Is this a really small company sending a few packages a week?
                      Mark Hood
                      Vermont Gear

Comment

Yeah no clue on how to match prices to a pitney bowes machine but I assume the calculated prices their customers are seeing is now higher correct?
                        Yes, the prices are now great!! Unchecking that box made all of the difference. Thank you!!

Jamie
                        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Is this a really small company sending a few packages a week?
                          Yes, they are a smaller volume retailer.

Jamie
                          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
                          X