Applying Shipping Rules to Multiple Products at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying Shipping Rules to Multiple Products at once

I have to change our shipping rules on all of our products - probably about 200 of them. There are three main categories of products and each needs a different shipping rule. Isn't there some way to do this in bulk? It seems like that would have a lot more integrity than me doing it manually.

If there isn't a way to do this, then is there an easy way I can "check my work." Is there some way to run a report that I can check that the settings are right on all of the products.

I am sure that there are easy answers to both of these, but they aren't jumping out at me.

Thanks in advance!
    Robin
    ---------------------------------
    Robin McDermott, CQE
    Director of Training
    QualityTrainingPortal.com

Re: Applying Shipping Rules to Multiple Products at once

Shipping Rules (ie which shipping methods apply to which products) can be imported and exported under the standard product export. I would choose limit shipping options for a single product and then select all methods. Then export products and use the product as a reference for the others. It will output available shipping methods as a comma separated list.

Keep in mind though that all products in a basket must share at least one shipping method. A shopper can't have 3 products in their cart with 3 different shipping method. Miva won't return any shipping methods in that case.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Applying Shipping Rules to Multiple Products at once

Thanks for the tip and insight Brennan!
      ---------------------------------
      Robin McDermott, CQE
      Director of Training
      QualityTrainingPortal.com