Wild Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Question

Is there any way to call the category tree into pages on the site that are *not* part of the Miva shopping cart? In a link perhaps?

I'm betting not.

Re: Wild Question

You can use an iframe for calling in page templates, but I don't believe it'll work for the category tree (this exercise has downsides anyway)

But I can think of two other ways to accomplish the end result, that is if you're trying to keep uniformity even on pages that aren't in your cart. 1). Put those pages "inside" the cart by using the Content Sections of the theme. Or 2). Load a page with the category tree, view source, copy the html for the tree, and paste it into the code of these pages in question.

That second method presents some long term maintenance for you - if the category tree content ever changes, you'll have to copy and paste that code again. As a guy who had to do that for a great number of years, I can tell you I'd rather have those pages tied into the Miva theme.
    Last edited by Mark Stephens; 05-01-15, 07:51 AM.

Comment

As Mark points out in Option 1, the best way is to include outside content INTO miva merchant...however, that is not often practical as one has to build many 'pages' or use categories as the content container. (A CMS--content management system--is coming some day to merchant, and there is one here https://www.scotsscripts.com/)

However, you can use an iframe. First, create a new page called 'framedCTGY' (or something). Add only items need to render the category tree (I believe you need store, category tree and possibly fonts and colors), then call THAT page in an iframe on your outside pages.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thank you for the responses! It was actually just easier to duplicate the category tree with my css on the static pages.

On the other hand, I need a job with less computer, more ponies.

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
        X