Add mobile version to existing sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add mobile version to existing sites

I have several sites that were originally Miva 5 and updated to Miva 9. These were customized thoroughly with css and alternate pages etc. They function and look fine.

I am wondering what would be the best approach to add a mobile version? I don't mind if the desktop and mobile are separate versions for these existing sites.

I've had a look at the Emporium Tool Kit "mobile pack" and wonder, is this the best way to go? Or, is there an simpler plugin solution that doesn't have an exorbitant price tag?

Thanks,
    JS
    Last edited by sylvia8308; 05-05-15, 08:47 AM.

Re: Add mobile version to existing sites

Hello JS, We decided to go with a Miva ready theme to make our site responsive. We are still in dev with the Suivant ready theme. There is also a base ready theme you can download and customize from there too. PS they have 4 free ready themes now i believe at mivaapps, you can see them here: http://apps.miva.com/themes
    Kristin Park

Comment

Thanks for the reply Kristen. Yes, I am aware of the new responsive themes now available. Unfortunately redesigning several sites that are already assembled and completely designed is not at all practical or affordable at this time. I was hoping there might be a module that would provide an alternate mobile version of an existing site. The Emporium Plus Toolkit seems to offer this option, but seems to require a lot of man hours and development. Time, cost and resource limitations are condsiderations. I know it's going to require some effort, but am hoping to find the best option to create a mobile version of an existing Miva site.

Comment

Hi Sylvia: We had Miva build a mobile site for our first store. Then using that as an example, we did our own for our two other stores.
        Our first site was MMUI while the 2 others are CSSUI but that didn't matter because the Miva mobile solution comes with it's own CSS file. Our sites are pretty highly customized, Miva didn't include any of that, so we had to add those parts ourselves. To see what they did for us, look at www.rvparksupplies.com on your phone.
        Larry
        Larry
        Luce Kanun Web Design
        www.facebook.com/wajake41
        www.plus.google.com/116415026668025242914/posts?hl=en

Comment

Thanks Luce, I'll have a look. It does seem that it will be a big project regardless of the route taken.

JS

Comment

Working...
          X