how to set restrictions on discount pricing for the same product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to set restrictions on discount pricing for the same product

We offer a custom product that customers can put there name on. This product is the same product code but has an attribute text box where they type there name. I need to be able to restrict the volume pricing to the same name in the same color since each time they change the name is essentially a different product. How can this be done?

Re: how to set restrictions on discount pricing for the same product

Which module are you using? This one gives that option:
    http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-VOLPRICE5.html

You can amalgamate quantities so in the example above, as long as the product code is the same and the color variation is done with attributes, all 9 items would get the volume discount for 9 items. You have the option for each product code to amalgamate quantities or treat varied attributes as different products.

You'd probably need to also include a radio button that says "same initial name" or "new Name". It's not 100% foolproof, but should cut down on the number of abusers.

The built-in, by the way, will restrict based on product variant, that the text input won't really work with that.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Comment

No im using the built in one under marketing/price groups.

Comment

I could be corrected on this, but it doesn't appear that will work. The built-in supports only three ways of volume pricing:

Same product (many of the same product code)
        Same product variant (using radio or select lists for sizes, colors, etc.)
        All products (mix and match)

You could try to do the same thing I noted above about "new" or "same".
        Best,
        Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
        Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
        Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
        pamelahazelton.com

Comment

I had a client with a similar problem. The store sells tea; and if you buy two 8-oz. bags of a certain tea, you get a different price than if you buy one 16-oz., because of the packaging & handling cost. I wrote a small module (actually an extension of an existing custom module in the store) which adds an extra attribute to these products that contains a unique ID. That prevents the volume-discount calculation from lumping them together. I modified the page templates to hide the unique-ID attribute from the user on the shopping pages and in the notification email.

If something like that will work for you, you can email me to discuss it in detail.

Thanks --
          Kent Multer
          Magic Metal Productions
          http://TheMagicM.com
          * Web developer/designer
          * E-commerce and Miva
          * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Working...
          X