Scot's Scripts Ratings and Reviews ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scot's Scripts Ratings and Reviews ?

Any one using Scot's Scripts Ratings and Reviews out there and is any one else getting this error on there pages

Runtime error in mm5/5.00/modules/util/smr_reviews.mvc @
    [00000038:000001f8]: C:MivaMiaHTMLmmm55.00modulesutilsmr_reviews.mv:
    Line 3024: MvSMTP: 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later

I have been trying to contact Scot for a few week now and I am having no luck?
    Stephen Scheer
    Digital Visuals

Re: Scot's Scripts Ratings and Reviews ?

Hi Stephen,

I got back to you on May 7 as soon as you sent me an email, here's what I responded with:

Did you change servers or email addresses or delete any email addresses?

The error is related to outgoing emails, possibly administrator reminders of a review or rating or customer reminder emails. More than likely, it's trying to send the email from an invalid email address. Check the review module's configuration to make sure the email address in there (system email address or something along those lines) is valid and from the same domain that your site is on (that is, no gmail addresses, etc). We'll start troubleshooting this way.

Also, when something like this comes up out of the blue, 99% of the time it's because of something that changed on your end, such as an email address or email address login or something along those lines.

Scot
    M.A.D.* since 1997

http://www.scotsscripts.com

*miva application developers

Comment

perhaps the fact that the OP didn't get the response is also part of the problem :).

we had something similar where a customer sent about 10 emails in increasing levels of ire without acknowledging a single response from us...we dug through the internets to find another email associated with the customer...turns out, the error and lack of response was because his email inbox was full...

gotta love technology.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

My Apologies Scot, I found your email. Some how it did not make it in to my Outlook.

and yes, I am having problem with my email server
        Stephen Scheer
        Digital Visuals

Comment

Working...
        X