Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Templates question - keeping dev and prod in sysnc

I have a dev site which is Miva 9 and a prod site that is still 5.5

We have not upgraded the prod site yet because we are busy.

Sometimes I find some things that need to be changed on the prod site - like
    title
    description
    keywords
    What I consider data elements.

If I use a framework from the dev site to upgrade the prod site to the new look and feel - will the titles, descriptions, keywords that I have changed on the Prod site be preserved?

I am amssuming that serious template changes for CTGY, PROD etc. have to be replicated in the dev site.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Templates question - keeping dev and prod in sysnc

Typically, you go the other way. When the Dev site is ready, you copy over the catalog data (product and categories) from the Old site to the new usually by Exporting than Importing because product/Category IDs are going to change and some modules (esp older ones) rely on those references.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

How about the meta tags things (descriptsions, keywords)?

Comment

Those can be exported and imported as well. They are actually built in "custom" fields.
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X