Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Store Code Issues

Hello.

So, our company has been developing a Miva website for a wholesale store, but now, we have changed our mind and are going to open up a retail site with a new name.

Now, when I go to change the store code to the new company name in the "Store Details" settings in miva admin, we basically lose access to all of the products and pages we created for our original store.

How can I get all of the products to become visible or "linked" to the new store code / name with the least amount of hassle?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ilyoung; 05-26-15, 01:13 PM.

Re: Changing Store Code Issues

Originally posted by ilyoung View Post
    Hello.

So, our company has been developing a Miva website for a wholesale store, but now, we have changed our mind and are going to open up a retail site with a new name.

Now, when I go to change the store code to the new company name in the "Store Details" settings in miva admin, we basically lose access to all of the products and pages we created for our original store.

How can I get all of the products to become visible or "linked" to the new store code / name with the least amount of hassle?

Thanks.
    Hi,
    Changing the store code in "Store Details" settings from admin doesn't means loosing access to the pages previously created, store code is automatically updated the next time you visit the homepage of your site without any store code in address bar. I just checked it in my default installation. There must be some other admin setting interfering if it's happening to your store.
    Rajnish Sinha
    ---------------------
    https://twitter.com/rajnishsi

Comment

It sounds like you hard coded links into the store, which shouldn't be done unless you're using shortlinks, which shouldn't change. Can you post a snippet of the category template so I can see how it's coded?
      Best,
      Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
      Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
      Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
      pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
        It sounds like you hard coded links into the store, which shouldn't be done unless you're using shortlinks, which shouldn't change. Can you post a snippet of the category template so I can see how it's coded?
        Thank you so much for your reply. Very much appreciated!

Here is our CTGY Page Template:

<mvt:item name="html_profile" />
        <head>
        <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:category:metafield:title">
        <title>&mvt:category:metafield:title;</title>
        <mvt:else>
        <title>&mvt:category:name;: &mvt:store:name;</title>
        </mvt:if>
        <mvt:item name="head" param="head_tag" />
        <mvt:if expr="g.CatListingOffset OR g.CatListingNextOffset">
        <mvt:if expr="g.CatListingOffset GT 0">
        <link rel="prev" href="http://&mvt:global:domain:name;/&mvt:seo_settings:cat_lit;&mvt:seo_settings:url_de lim;&mvta:category:code;.&mvt:seo_settings:suffix; ?CatListingOffset=&mvta:global:CatListingPrevOffse t;" />
        <mvt:if expr="g.CatListingNextOffset GT 0">
        <link rel="next" href="http://&mvt:global:domain:name;/&mvt:seo_settings:cat_lit;&mvt:seo_settings:url_de lim;&mvta:category:code;.&mvt:seo_settings:suffix; ?CatListingOffset=&mvta:global:CatListingNextOffse t;" />
        </head>
        <mvt:item name="body">
        <mvt:item name="hdft" param="global_header" />
        <div class="row hdft-header">
        <mvt:item name="hdft" param="header" />
        </div>
        <div class="row prod-ctgy-hdft-header">
        <mvt:item name="prod_ctgy_hdft" param="ctgy_header" />
        </div>
        <mvt:comment>Check to see if customer is logged in and belongs to approved group</mvt:comment>
        <mvt:if expr="g.Basket:CUST_ID">
        <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="agroup|acount" />
        <mvt:foreach iterator="customer_agroup" array="customer_agroups">
        <mvt:if expr="l.settings:customer_agroup:name EQ 'Wholesale'">
        <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="sassign|apprid|1" />
        <mvt:item name="subcategory_listing" />
        <mvt:if expr="l.settings:category_product_count GT 0">
        <mvt:item name="category_listing" />
        </mvt:foreach>
        <mvt:comment>Check to see if customer is logged in and does not belong to approved group</mvt:comment>
        <mvt:if expr="g.Basket:CUST_ID AND (g.apprid NE '1')">
        <mvt:item name="toolkit" param="render|CNTN" />
        <mvt:else>
        <!-- nothing -->
        <div class="row prod-ctgy-hdft-footer">
        <mvt:item name="prod_ctgy_hdft" param="ctgy_footer" />
        </div>
        <div class="row hdft-footer">
        <mvt:item name="hdft" param="footer" />
        </div>
        <mvt:item name="hdft" param="global_footer" />
        </mvt:item>
        </html>

Comment

Maybe you should try deactivating short links and then reactivating.
          Best,
          Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
          Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
          Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
          pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
            Thanks for the advice.

Sorry for not exactly knowing the process in which to do this, but is the short link module "cmp-cssui-links.mvc", and if so, do I simply just click it inactive and then reactivate it?
            Last edited by ilyoung; 05-28-15, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ilyoung View Post
              Hello.

Thanks.
              ilyoung,

Changing the store name should not cause any loss of products. Before going forward, can you open a ticket with support and include a link to this post. Please also include any example URLs or screenshots displaying this behavior.

Thank you,

Wayne
              Wayne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by wsmith View Post
                ilyoung,

Changing the store name should not cause any loss of products. Before going forward, can you open a ticket with support and include a link to this post. Please also include any example URLs or screenshots displaying this behavior.

Thank you,

Wayne
                Thanks for looking into it Wayne. I have opened up a ticket on the support site and provided our live site address.

Comment

What we have noticed is that the Emporium Plus Toolkit module was being used with the availability groups.
                  Upon changing the Store Code the toolkit module was deactivated because the algorithm it uses is dependent on the store code when a license is requested. In the future if you plan on changing the store code you will have to request a new License Key in order for the functionality to continue working.
                  Happie Mendenhall
                  Support Technician
                  Miva, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by hmendenhall View Post
                    What we have noticed is that the Emporium Plus Toolkit module was being used with the availability groups.
                    Upon changing the Store Code the toolkit module was deactivated because the algorithm it uses is dependent on the store code when a license is requested. In the future if you plan on changing the store code you will have to request a new License Key in order for the functionality to continue working.
                    Thank you for your help!

Comment

So, I guess i'm having another similar issue. We were originally planning for the site to be completely wholesale and would require a customer to login before viewing anything. We were using Sebenza Force Login module.

However, we decided to go full retail and decided to deactivate the module. However, all of the products on our site are not showing up anymore in any of the category listings and the product page is not viewable.

Any idea why this deactivation would cause such an issue?

Comment

Wholesale to retail, why not both (just thinking out-loud)?
                        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Originally posted by William Davis View Post
                          Wholesale to retail, why not both (just thinking out-loud)?
                          We already have a website dedicated solely to wholesale. We are creating a sister company that will focus on retail sales.

Comment

If you changing store code some problems want to face beacause Identifying specific items and categorizing related inventory items is much difficult to you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X