X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I needd variant or just attributes?

Hello,

I have a logic problem.

We sell sofas, love seats and single chairs with cushions in many colors.
    The cushions inventory changes.
    The cushion color price could be different
    I may choose to put a certain color on sale because I have too many of them.

The cushion back and seat are 1 unit. The love seat uses 2 units of cushions. The sofa uses 3 units of cushions.

I want to track inventory.

What I really want to do is
    a) Create a part called sofa
    b) It is an assembly of Frame + 3 Cushion Units
    c) The cushion units have attributes of colors.

What I think I need to do is
    a0 Create a part called sofa
    b) It is an assembly of Frame + One of (3 green cushions) or (3 red cushions) ...

If I created deafult variants they would each have 1 frame and 3 parts of green cushions (or red cushions etc.)

Can I make this dynamic - where if a person chooses a sofa with swatch green, he gets 3 green cushions and a frame? and if he chosses red he gets 3 red cushions and 1 frame?

Is that the best way to do this?

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Do I needd variant or just attributes?

If you want to track inventory on these combinations, you need variants. However, if the frame is the product (i.e. that is static and does not change), then you'll want to probably create three products - seat, sofa, loveseat. Why? Because people typically buy different variations of these units (i.e. one sofa and two seats, or sofa, loveseat and seat). That will also help with marketing them as both sets and individual products.

Set the other items with the same style frame as related products.

The cushion colors are attributes, and that's what you would use to generate the variants.

Hope this helps.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Working...
    X