Completly confused by weight settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completly confused by weight settings

I am sure this must have been addressed before, but I can't find it... so I am hoping someone can shed some light...

Using V9 it states (in shipping > settings...) according to the official miva manual....

1 - Pack master product (Uses variant weight)
    Select this option to always use the master product weight. Always ignore the part/attribute weight.
    Example : If you have a master t-shirt product that weighs 2 pounds regardless of the size or color that
    the customer orders, select this option.

2 - Pack variant parts using part weights as-is (Ignores variant weight)
    Select this option to always use the part/attribute weight. Always ignore the weight of the master
    product:
    - Kit: The weight is calculated as the weight of all of the parts in the kit. If the kit has three parts, and
    each part weighs 5 pounds, the weight of the kit is calculated as 15 pounds. It doesn't matter what the
    weight of the kit master product was set to.

- Master product with variants: if you had a master t-shirt product with variants, you would set the
    weight of each variant. The weight of the master product is ignored. The product weight depends on
    which variant the customer orders.
    ===================

Does it make sense to anyone what these two actually mean?
    #1 - Use master weight, and not attribute weight.... but master weight is _not_ variant weight... is it?
    "If you have a master t-shirt product that weighs 2 pounds regardless of the size or color" but it says "(uses variant weight)...
    Is the variant considered "the master"? If so, what is the master considered? A bookmark or something?

#2 - Use variant weight... but yet it says "ignores variant weight", yet Miva says "if you had a master t-shirt product with variants, you would set the weight of each variant. The weight of the master product is ignored." HUH?

So, #2 you set the weight of each variant, but it "ignores variant weight" ???
    And in #1 you "use the master product weight" but it states "(Uses variant weight)"...

I am dazed and confused....
    What happened to the old system - "master weight PLUS attribute (or variant) weight = the total weight" ??
    What setting do we use to end up with the weight of the product?.

B
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Re: Completly confused by weight settings

Originally posted by wmgilligan View Post
    I am dazed and confused....

Bump
    William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
    www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Re: Completly confused by weight settings

Bill,

From what I can see the info in the parenthesis are wrong. If you use option 1 it's going to use the master product weight and ignore the variant weight. Option 2 will ignore the master product weight and go with the variant weights. I'll send this up the chain to make sure I am interpreting this correctly and if so have it changed.
      Jim McCormick
      Miva Merchant Support
      866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

Working...
      X