Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding attributes to existing templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding attributes to existing templates?

I created an attribute template with 8 colors as selections in a drop down menu. I then copied this attribute to over 100 products without realizing that i forgot one color. I added the missing color to the template but it is not transferring to the products attributes. Is there a way that i can apply this missing color to all of these products at once?

Re: Adding attributes to existing templates?

How did you assign the template? If you did it as a copy, that's the problem. However, if you're using Emporium Plus' attribute & option import module, it's pretty easy to just bulk import that one option.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
      How did you assign the template? If you did it as a copy, that's the problem. However, if you're using Emporium Plus' attribute & option import module, it's pretty easy to just bulk import that one option.
      yeah i just did copy so it looks like ill need to go through and add in each attribute i missed.

Comment

I think in your situation you want to link the template, rather than copy, to each of the products. That is if the options are identical on each of those products.
        Last edited by Mark Stephens; 06-03-15, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Stephens View Post
          I think in your situation you want to link the template, rather than copy, to each of the products. That is if the options are identical on each of those products.
          Im in attributes under a product but I dont see any place to link a template. All i see is copy and add a whole new attribute.

Comment

Really? Here's a screen grab of what I'm talking about.
            Go to: product you want to edit > Attributes tab > Add Template button > select template from drop down > Link button becomes active

attribute-link.jpg

Comment

Oh your right im sorry. Got it now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X