Multiple category/product assign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple category/product assign

Couple of issues. Perhaps im missing something. In the old days you could go to a category and list all the products and assign or take away by tick. For instance i noticed a bunch of products were added to a category it shouldn't have been in. Old days, I could click on that category, see all the products in there and un assign... or assign if need be, save then done. I'm not seeing how to do that at this point.

Second is more of a request. When a product is added it would be so helpful if you could assign right then and there all categories you want the item to be in. Now, unless im missing something, I need to go to each category individually and assign the product which takes quite a bit of time to do. Again perhaps on both points im missing something.

Thanks
    Last edited by Datagg; 06-05-15, 11:04 AM.
    Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
    Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Re: Multiple category/product assign

1. Open the product for editing.
    2. Click the Categories tab.
    3. Toggle on/off all the ones you want to assign it to.
    Best,
    Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
    Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
    Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
    pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
      1. Open the product for editing.
      2. Click the Categories tab.
      3. Toggle on/off all the ones you want to assign it to.
      Thanks Pamela, That's how I have been doing it... but I recall back in the day i could click on the category itself and add or un assign via tick box products right on that page. This way is time consuming and involves a deeper step to achieve. My goal is to click on a "category", see all assigned, unassigned or both of all products and begin to toggle on or off. This doesn't appear (unless im missing something) to be an option any longer.
      Last edited by Datagg; 06-05-15, 12:02 PM.
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Datagg View Post
        Thanks Pamela, That's how I have been doing it... but I recall back in the day i could click on the category itself and add or un assign via tick box products right on that page. This way is time consuming and involves a deeper step to achieve. My goal is to click on a "category", see all assigned, unassigned or both of all products and begin to toggle on or off. This doesn't appear (unless im missing something) to be an option any longer.
        You're missing something :)

It still works this way...

Go to edit the category \ click the products tab \ click the eye ball and change to assigned \ You can use all the different controls or you can toggle one by one

catgegories.jpg
        Last edited by Mark Hood; 06-05-15, 12:31 PM.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
          You're missing something :)

It still works this way...

Go to edit the category \ click the products tab \ click the eye ball and change to assigned \ You can use all the different controls or you can toggle one by one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1080[/ATTACH]

Mark im not getting that here. No sliders. I just tried different browser to see if the same and it's the same, no slider option looking at a category>products>show assigned and all i get is the grey (hover) select boxes, no slider.

assigned.jpg
          Last edited by Datagg; 06-05-15, 01:31 PM.
          Dan

Comment

Found the issue.... Too the far right, the box that has the 3 bars (show hide columns) the option "assigned" wasn't checked. All good, thanks guys.
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X