Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain Backup module creates only one downloadable file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain Backup module creates only one downloadable file?

I recently installed the Domain Backup module and ran a backup.

Should I be alarmed that the module didn't provide a downloadable file for the scripts? Here's a screenshot of the module admin after the backup ran.
    domain-backup-miva.jpg

In my mivadata directory, I do have two new files: mydata.sql and mydata.tar

Thank you,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Stephens; 06-08-15, 07:53 AM.

Re: Domain Backup module creates only one downloadable file?

That can occur if your scripts directory, i.e. all of the Miva Merchant application plus your images, is larger than what can be rolled up in the amount of time the store is able to execute a request, which defaults to 90 seconds. If the mydata.tar does not look like a size that would be as large as your site, that is probably what happened.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

Comment

Okay, thank you. I think that's the case, then. The .tar file is 72 MB, where as my /mm5/ directory is 683 MB.

So is my best course of action to ask Miva (I host with Miva) to increase the amount of time the store can execute a request?

Ultimately I'm trying to generate a copy of my store so I can restore it in a development environment and have a working copy.

Comment

From a security perspective, probably better to just have us create the tar file for you since setting the maximum connection time and execution time to the value necessary to tar up 700 MB would be bad.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

Comment

Okee dokee. That settles that!
          I'll submit a help ticket.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X