Price Groups / Wholesale / Display wholesale price on PROD and CTGY page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Groups / Wholesale / Display wholesale price on PROD and CTGY page

I followed Ron Frigon's excellent instructions for setting up the price group on this thread: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...tions-With-MM9

Setup Price Group as follows:

Name: Wholesale Price
    Eligibility: Specific Customers
    Type: Specific Sale Price
    Priority: set higher than any retail priorities

Click Save and assign the eligible products by clicking the Discounted Products button. Only these products will get the Wholesale Price field.

When you edit any products assigned to the group you'll see the additional pricing fields. Found it and inserted the price.

Assigned myself to the price group, assigned one product to the price group. When logged in I add that product to the basket, and I can see the price group price in the basket. And, when logged out, the price goes back to the retail price in the basket.

But, the basket is the only place I see the the price group price displayed when logged in and being assigned to that wholesale price group. I want to see the price group price on the CTGY and PROD pages too...preferably only when logged in, which is what I would think would happen anyhow. Is this not built in?

Tried searching the video pages and google, and got no answers.

This is a base readytheme, dev site, so all should be up to date.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated,

Jamie
    Last edited by jsdva; 06-10-15, 08:03 AM. Reason: clarify basket point
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Re: Price Groups / Wholesale / Display wholesale price on PROD and CTGY page

Yes, I am interested in this response as well, as we will be doing the exact same procedure in a few weeks.

Comment

Did you check the box "Calculate Predicted Discounts..." on the PROD template?
      Best,
      Pamela

Consultant / Developer / Trainer
      Contributing Editor to Practical Ecommerce
      Author of the Official Guides for Miva Merchant
      pamelahazelton.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Hazelton View Post
        Did you check the box "Calculate Predicted Discounts..." on the PROD template?
        Just tried it, and it still did not put the wholesale price on the PROD or CTGY pages. Still works great on the global minibasket, basket and checkout pages though.

Jamie
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Okay, found something very important. It doesn't change the price for the logged in wholesale customer as I wanted, but I can show it as the savings for the wholesale customer. This thread: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/show...checkbox+price shows code that was not inserted into the base readytheme...I had the latest version of the base, so I have no idea why it wasn't in there...but...

So, in my product display layout tab, I had

Code:
          <div id="product-discounts"></div>
          nothing inside....

what I needed to show the savings was:

Code:
          <div id="product-discounts">
              <mvt:foreach iterator="discount" array="product:discounts">
                  <div class="product-discount">&mvt:discount:descrip;: &mvt:discount:formatted_discount;</div>
              </mvt:foreach>
          </div>
          Go figure as to why I had an empty div on that latest and updated base readytheme, but I did. I thought it was supposed to be an updated base readytheme.

Anyhow...I can show the savings with the discount and show it only to the wholesale customer on the PROD page, which I think is where Pamela was going with her suggestion of checking the Calculate Predicted Discounts.

Still at a loss of how to display the wholesale price to the logged in wholesale buyer on the PROD and CTGY page templates. Sure would appreciate any input on that part yet....

Jamie
          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post
            Go figure as to why I had an empty div on that latest and updated base readytheme, but I did. I thought it was supposed to be an updated base readytheme.
            Well, as I go back to the MM9 Template changes, I see that #product-discounts has div is empty there as well. Go figure. I must be missing something somewhere as to why I do not have code to display the wholesale price on the PROD and CTGY pages....kind of like I was with the discount on the PROD page.

Jamie
            Last edited by jsdva; 06-13-15, 08:22 AM. Reason: add thought
            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Okay, on to more discovering. I am searching farther back today....

I found that pre-MM9 when a price group is setup, the price automatically updates to the price group price on the PROD page for the product that you've included in the price group when the customer is logged in. http://www.miva.com/videos/store_own...to-set-them-up

So...why is it not updating in the base readytheme the same way? Clearly there must be a way.

Please?? Anyone?? I know the answer is out there.... All I want is for the wholesale price to display for the wholesale customer, and the retail price to display to the retail customer.

Jamie
              Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Following to see if anything informative comes here. Just on a side note, I also went through all the available tokens for that particular product and none of them had my "wholesale" price listed anywhere.
                Rajnish Sinha
                ---------------------
                https://twitter.com/rajnishsi

Comment

Originally posted by jsdva View Post
                  So...why is it not updating in the base readytheme the same way? Clearly there must be a way.
                  On to answering my own question again...guess I needed a day off to get my brain together. Anyhow...the only way to get it to update is via point and click mode ... apparently. At least that is the way I got it to work. So...for anyone else that needs a brain kick-start:

1. Note your version date, in the event you have more than one version...just makes it easier for me.

2. Go to point and click mode, and select the following:
                  Displayed Price: Sale Sale Price (includes legacy price groups and predicted discounts)
                  Additional Price Display: Base Price (includes any legacy price group discounts but does not reflect sales, coupons or discounts applied in the basket)
                  Check the checkbox: Display Predicted Discounts

3. Click Update.

This gives you:

Code:
                      <div class="product-price">
                      Price: 
                      <span id="price-value-additional" style="text-decoration: line-through"><mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:base_price GT l.settings:product:price">&mvt:product:formatted_base_price;</mvt:if></span>

<span id="price-value" class="bold">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</span>

</div>
                      </div>
                  Insert the product discounts code I discovered before into the <div id="product-discounts"></div> section, and reformat your code as you want it to display. Insert it into the PROD page template in advanced mode, and you get:

Code:
                              <div class="product-price">
                                  Price: 
                                  <span id="price-value-additional" style="text-decoration: line-through"><mvt:if expr="l.settings:product:base_price GT l.settings:product:price">&mvt:product:formatted_base_price;</mvt:if></span> 
                                  <span id="price-value" class="bold">&mvt:product:formatted_price;</span>

<mvt:foreach iterator="discount" array="product:discounts">
                                      <div class="product-discount">&mvt:discount:descrip;: &mvt:discount:formatted_discount;</div>
                                  </mvt:foreach>
                                  </div>
                              </div>
                  Which displays like so, when you are logged into a price group, on the PROD page:

prod-wholesale.jpg

For the CTGY page:

1. Click the checkbox for Calculate Predicted Discounts and Sale Price
                  2. Take the PROD page Advanced Mode code and insert it into the CTGY page in replacement of the product price.

And, you get an output the same as for the PROD page.

If you don't like the wholesale savings line, just delete it. But, if your price group has another name, that name will display....and I suppose the discount name (If I am wrong on this part, someone can correct me).

Hope this can help others in order to redeem myself...especially after all of my whining here...

Jamie
                  Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Don't forget to update related products on the PROD page and the price section on the SRCH page template, plus featured products if you have them. And, check the Calculate Predicted Discounts and Sale Price on each where applicable.

Jamie
                    Last edited by jsdva; 06-15-15, 08:53 AM. Reason: more info
                    Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
                    X