Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with gift certificates in checkout process: partial payments not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with gift certificates in checkout process: partial payments not showing up

My client implemented the gift certificate feature in Miva 9. They can issue and redeem gift certificates fine after I followed the steps here: http://www.miva.com/mm9.3_template_changes.html There are a few odd cases that involve the Payment information screen. I am not able to find the template for the payment information screen so I hope someone here can help. Below is the screen that I am having my problems on.

Partial Payment Problem: When partial payment is selected the dropdown doesn't populate with payment options.

Redeem gift certificate problem: If a valid or an invalid gift certificate is entered it goes to a failure page with this message.

Fatal error:

Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error:

Error Code: MER-TUI-MGR-00023
    Description: Item 'payment' threw exception 'invalid_payment_method' during initialization
    Other Information: Unable to apply gift certificate

Re: Problems with gift certificates in checkout process: partial payments not showing

You will need to assign the paymentmethods item to OPAY. This will allow the Payment drop down to populate.

The error you're getting is because the if you have a form on OPAY you need to pass the payment method.

Add this to your Gift Certificate Form:

<input type="hidden" name="PaymentMethod" value="&mvte:global:PaymentMethod;" />
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Problems with gift certificates in checkout process: partial payments not showing

Brennan, where is this "Gift Certificate Form?"
      Keith Oratz
      PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
      www.preparesmart.com

Comment

On OPAY there is a form on the page for the Gift Certificate. Look for a hidden input with an action of RDGC. This will be the Gift Certificate Form.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

I believe the OSEL page comes before the OPAY page and in my store, there is no place for the customer to select the payment method of "Gift Certificate"
          Although I added all the template changes, it just will not show up.
          Any help?

screenshot.jpg

edit: I found that you need to install the module under payment types called customer credit!
          That got the payment type onto the OSEL page.

Now when trying to partial pay with a gift certificate, you get a drop-down on the OPAY page that allows the customer to select the secondary payment type. There are no options there !
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mdurkee; 11-23-15, 08:27 PM.
          Maxanne Durkee
          Heavyweight Collections - Premium Heavy T-Shirts
          Facebook, Twitter, Blog

Comment

Working...
          X