Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to sort products at category list assignment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to sort products at category list assignment.

I'm thinking this would save so much time, I know it would for me. Going down a list of categories assigning a product to them it would be so helpful if there was another field called "order" where you can set a number for where the product lists. Now, I have to go into each category, enter sorting and assign a number to it. Most new things added i would like to be seen towards the top, where as now all new things get slammed at the bottom.

Imagine a site that has multiple categories for products and once assigned each one slaps it at the bottom having to go into each one to adjust accordingly. To have an option when you assign a product when going down the category list that allows you to sort smack dab next to a category on/off slider would be of an incredible time saver.
    Last edited by Datagg; 06-12-15, 10:30 AM.
    Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
    Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Re: Ability to sort products at category list assignment.

Yes this would save soooo much time. Perhaps the tab "show/hide columns" you could include a "sorting" view right next to the product that will list the current placement. Then it would be a simple adjust to sort the product(s) placement. Currently I have to go into each category, select products, then sort. Please include this option, it would save so much time.

Thanks for the consideration.
    Last edited by Datagg; 06-13-15, 02:58 PM.
    Dan

Comment

In the thoughts this dream Feature may be lost in explanation, I took a screen shot (one of many examples) of a product added to multiple categories, then reviewing (all assigned) categories. At this point I need to go into each one and sort the product or it would be dead last in each. This a perfect example of the extra time it takes to sort and why im asking for an option tab that would allow me to sort right at this level. I know for me this would save a huge amount of time and would imagine it would others also.

Thanks, I Just want to be clear im explaining what my views are on this. Please review image to further elaborate my thoughts --->
      Last edited by Datagg; 06-23-15, 07:44 AM.
      Dan

Comment

Hey Dan -

When you add a new product on average how many categories are you adding it to? And then how do you re-order it? Do you always make it #1 or do you determine where it should go based on other products in the category?
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
          Hey Dan -

When you add a new product on average how many categories are you adding it to? And then how do you re-order it? Do you always make it #1 or do you determine where it should go based on other products in the category?
          Hi Brennan. Typically a new product will end up in 7 or more categories. What I do once I create a product under the main category, I then select categories and show all then go down the list toggling on all that would work. Once done, ill select assigned then go into each one and assign a number. Not all the time at the top, depends on interest of the product and interest based on the category, industry etc. Like New Items, assigned at the top, where as say a piece that resides in garters, that will be set typically based on that categories click levels and product popularity. So it varies extensively, yet there is never a "new" product ever set at the bottom which in allot of categories would be obscurtity. Either way, it would be so much quicker if I could avoid going into that third cumbersome level of each and every category to assign a placement order for a product and just do it down the category list as the image suggests. Brennan even down the road if I want to quickly adjust a product that rests in multiple categories that sort option category list side would be so helpful.

Thanks Brennan for chiming in on this. I have been looking for a reply/show of interest to hopefully one day get this on that dream list.
          Last edited by Datagg; 06-23-15, 01:59 PM.
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X