Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to get the components of a default variant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to get the components of a default variant?

Hello,

What I do know is that is that a variant product code can be found using Variant Basket Item Replacement Module.

I use synchro.

I want to create just a Default Variant which is my set. A set for me for eg. is a dining set = table + 4 chairs.

Will the order that comes into Quick Books via Synchro be broken up into the component products?

Is there something I should do (turn on a switch of some sort) to make that work?

Thanks
    Sam

Re: Is there a way to get the components of a default variant?

Originally posted by samgold View Post
    Hello,

What I do know is that is that a variant product code can be found using Variant Basket Item Replacement Module.

I use synchro.

I want to create just a Default Variant which is my set. A set for me for eg. is a dining set = table + 4 chairs.

Will the order that comes into Quick Books via Synchro be broken up into the component products?

Is there something I should do (turn on a switch of some sort) to make that work?

Thanks
    Sam
    Hello samgold,

When the orders that contain variant product codes get synchronized into QuickBooks they just get added as line items on the invoices, sales receipt or sales order. In your QB item list they get added as inactive items because in Miva variants are just inactive products.

Regards
    Rafael Buelna
    Miva Support Engineer
    800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
    http://www.miva.com
    http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

Re: Is there a way to get the components of a default variant?

Rafael,

Thanks.

If the default variant was made of real products with existing product codes, would the order get "exploded" into its component parts in Quick Books.

If not - and I created attributes for each of the components with only one option each and generated a variant, would THAT variant that was generated by the system get broken into its component parts?

Two reasons for asking this.
      a) We get orders from different channels and I would like to (if possible) get a "set item" which is a "kit" or a group of items sold together to get exploded into its component parts in Quickboooks.
      b) Once I have it in QB, the inventory from all channels will be synced and when I resync miva with inventory, the inventory will be correctin Miva.
      c) I would like to explode the variant "set item" anyway to generate a Shipment Pick List for the warehouse that says for dining-set-1 pick out table-1 and 2 chairs-1 and 2 chairs-2

Thanks
      Sam

Comment

Working...
      X