Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CloudFlare module question

Rick/Brennan,

I just saw the cloudflare module on your app.miva.com. Is there more information on this? I am currently subscribe to cloudflare and would love to know more about this.

Thanks

Re: CloudFlare module question

I think it's just a wrapper for subscribing, but perhaps there's an actual module. I'll ask Brennan.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick is correct, this is a marketing page for Cloudflare. There is not module for Miva, since one is not needed for their service.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]

Comment

Hey kitdang,

I subscribed to CloudFlare last week through the Miva app and it was soooo easy and I am very pleased. I had been researching other CDN providers but since miva had an app for it I thought I would give them a try.

You should first research how your secure cert will work behind the CDN. I have a EV cert so I subscribed to the Business Plan.
        You should also research if you will need to move your name server which you may then need to be able to manage yourself.
        I also had a port issue with my Shipping ODBC connector not making it past the CloudFlare firewall but I did find a workaround.
        I had a minor issue with the googlebot not finding a subdomain but that appeared to be a DNS propagation issue that has since resolved.

There still seems to be an issue with /mm5/admin.mvc getting cached so I created a CDN page rule and am still waiting the results.
        http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Hi Alphabet,

Thanks for your comment. I had CF implemented almost a year now and have been very happy with them. I didn't have any big issue with the exception of email and ftp but those were resolved reading their FAQs. I would highly recommend this to anyone. The reason for me starting this post was more to see if there are other functionality that was built into the module. Thanks again everyone.

Comment

Does Cloudflare make your website faster? We currently use Merchant Optimizer which is very fast. Would Cloudflare give similar results? What other benefits are you guys seeing with Cloudflare?

Thanks,
            Eric

Comment

Yes it does (in a different way), by "edge" casting your images, those will load faster since they're closer to the person's computer who's loading the page.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but does anyone have experience with KeyCDN?
                Jason Fancett
                America's SPA-MART - "Where Spa Owners Shop SMART!"
                Check us out for all of your hot tub needs including spa covers, spa filters, spa chemicals and more.
                Miva Merchant forum users can use coupon code MIVAFORUM to receive $5 off your first order of $30 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                  Yes it does (in a different way), by "edge" casting your images, those will load faster since they're closer to the person's computer who's loading the page.
                  Also worth noting, CDNs in general, also work WITH static pages...so fast becomes faster.
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X